Thread Organizer

search

Thread Organizer

Watch this free crafting video and learn how to make a DIY organizer.

Thread Organizer
Thread Organizer

If surface area in your craft room is tight, you can work your way up the walls!  This Thread Organizer from Maureen Wilson is a great way to keep your threads organized and detangled. Best of all, it hangs on the wall!  DIY craft room storage is easy with ideas like this! many crafters have a hard time fitting all of their crafting materials into one space. Having an entire room dedicated to DIY endeavors is ideal, but that does not always work out. Whether you have your own dedicated crafting room or just have a corner carved out in your home, this how to make an organizer is the perfect space-saving, small space solution.

Your Recently Viewed Projects

Leave a Comment

Rate

Cancel Reply to Comment

Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!

When I was a little girl, my grandmother gave me a craft box that had 50 pegs on it for little spools of colored thread. I still use that box almost 30 years later because it is so handy, but I need a bigger one. This project is the perfect thing to replace the small box. I love it!

This is a nice clear instructional video! I am wondering where I could get that polka dotted fabric that has the perfect spacing for the pegs! That is a real time saver not having to measure it all out. I have seen similar boards ready made for this purpose, but it is nice to make one for the specific area you have, and I like the fast that the legs accommodate a bobbin as well! Great project!

I would love to try it and comment. But I can't get it to load on my tablet.

Hi there! We are not having any issues with the video on our end; but, we would like to assist you so that you can view this project on your tablet. First, we might suggest making sure your browser is up to date; sometimes not having the latest update can cause unexpected issues in viewing videos. Next, if you are still unable to view the video, please contact our customer service department here: http://www.favecrafts.com/index.php/hct/contact_us_page They will be able to assist you with further troubleshooting methods. We hope this helps! -Editors of FaveCrafts

My mom has a dedicated quilting room, so this project would make a great gift for her!

Like this idea a lot! Can choose the size board I want and the skewers can be custom fit for longer thread spools. [a problem with a pre-made board I had]

Works for me. ;-)

Wow...great idea!

I love this project. I would have liked to see it in print so I could keep it in my craft folder.

I love that the demo is done by a genuine crafter, not an actor. You can tell by the paint stains on her fingers. ;-)

I'm inspired!

This is a great idea. You could even add the matching bobbin to the peg so you colors are all together!

cute idea! i think i'll try this one, even without the frame, say, with just the covered board, using twine or some other sturdy cord to hang it on the wall. love it!

Close

Report Inappropriate Comment

Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.

Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.

Close Window