These 16 Free Sewing Patterns for Christmas are a great way to jump start your holiday crafting season. There's no time like the present to make up your list of Christmas crafts to make and start checking the list. Begin with some of our Featured patterns, which range from easy homemade gift ideas to a quilted tree skirt pattern. Large stockings, unique Christmas stockings...we've got 'em all on here for you. Get your needle and thread out, and use these free sewing patterns for some creative gift ideas, homemade Christmas decorations, and the rest of your "Christmas crafts to make" list. Get your sewing machine ready, and turn your house into Santa's workshop with these 16 Free Sewing Patterns for Christmas.
Featured Free Sewing Patterns for Christmas
- Advent Calendar and Christmas Card Holder- Searching for ideas for advent calendars that the whole family can enjoy? Sew this up and count down the days.
- Santa Purse- This is the perfect purse for a little girl or to get yourself more into the season. These are also great Christmas gift exchange ideas.
- Ho Ho Ho Tree Skirt- Add a glow to your pine tree this year with this free Christmas tree skirt pattern.
- Quilted Tree Skirt- A quilted Christmas tree skirt pattern has a cozy and traditional feel you can't find by purchasing one.
- Personalized Christmas Gift Tote- If you want some unique Christmas gift ideas, personalize this tote especially for your loved ones.
- Candy Cane Stars Quilt- This is great as a small throw to bring out around the holidays, or a wall hanging.
- Christmas Pot Holders-Take a few Christmasy scraps, and use quilt blocks to make some holiday themed pot holders.
Christmas Crafts to Sew
- Applique Christmas Placemat and Napkin- Christmas table decorations are important, too! Don't forget to decorate the table for the traditional family feast.
- Candy Applique Table Topper- Here is a free Christmas table topper pattern for you to add the perfect finishing touch to your Christmas table decor.
- Christmas Tree Quilt- Who doesn't love cuddling up and gazing at the Christmas tree? Quilt this for an added sense of holiday spirit.
- Embroidered Holly Tablecloth- So much time is spent at the table when friends and family come to visit during the holidays. This tablecloth will tie it in with the rest of the house.
- Embroidered Snowflake Ornament- Make these up for smaller gifts to have on hand for the mailman and unexpected visitors.
- Snowman Holiday Towel- We recommend making a set. Your guests will love them.
- Embroider a Christmas Tree Skirt- The tree skirt is just as important as the angel.
- Spiral Quilt Christmas Tree Skirt- This is quick way to finish up your decorations. That old tree skirt needs to be replaced anyway!
- Sewn Christmas Tags- Go the extra mile during the gift giving season.