DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Recently I've seen chalk-finish paint being used on lots of DIY projects, so I was excited to try the Americana Décor Chalky Finish Paints and the accompanying Creme Wax. I love any and all places where home décor and crafting intersect!
The first thing I love about the Americana Décor line is the color palette - soft pastels, both bold and muted earth tones, plus yummy smooth neutrals. They go well with many interior house paint colors, too. I really like that the paint is in wide-mouth jars rather than small jars or bottles - It's so much easier to dip the brush directly into the jar when you're working. And it's low-odor, which is always a plus when painting larger projects.
The flat finish is really nice - I like how, in spite of the color, it allows the natural state of the wood to come through. The wood looks newly refurbished, yet still has that "lived-in" quality. I got good coverage with a single coat, but better coverage with two coats. I prefer working with a sponge brush, but regular paintbrush strokes melted away pretty nicely. I also tried it with a sea sponge - the flat finish partners really well with the sponge's random texture - my surface looks lovely and organic.
The Creme Wax is intended to protect the chalky finish - it's actually very fluid. It goes on the dry painted surfaces really easily and dries quickly. A light buff with a smooth cloth after the wax was dry brought out the color a bit more, without adding any gloss.
All in all, it was a successful trial! Check out the Chalk Paint Ladder Rack I painted - I love how it turned out!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mummy Mason Jar Luminary
- 15 Easy Craft Ideas, Genius Tips and DIY Projects
- Horseshoe Slouchy Cable Hat
- Yarn Wrapped Bangle
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl