DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Recently I've seen chalk-finish paint being used on lots of DIY projects, so I was excited to try the Americana Décor Chalky Finish Paints and the accompanying Creme Wax. I love any and all places where home décor and crafting intersect!
The first thing I love about the Americana Décor line is the color palette - soft pastels, both bold and muted earth tones, plus yummy smooth neutrals. They go well with many interior house paint colors, too. I really like that the paint is in wide-mouth jars rather than small jars or bottles - It's so much easier to dip the brush directly into the jar when you're working. And it's low-odor, which is always a plus when painting larger projects.
The flat finish is really nice - I like how, in spite of the color, it allows the natural state of the wood to come through. The wood looks newly refurbished, yet still has that "lived-in" quality. I got good coverage with a single coat, but better coverage with two coats. I prefer working with a sponge brush, but regular paintbrush strokes melted away pretty nicely. I also tried it with a sea sponge - the flat finish partners really well with the sponge's random texture - my surface looks lovely and organic.
The Creme Wax is intended to protect the chalky finish - it's actually very fluid. It goes on the dry painted surfaces really easily and dries quickly. A light buff with a smooth cloth after the wax was dry brought out the color a bit more, without adding any gloss.
All in all, it was a successful trial! Check out the Chalk Paint Ladder Rack I painted - I love how it turned out!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Practical Origami
- My Friendship Bracelet Maker
- Teresa Collins Scrapbooking Set
- SEI Iron On Flock Transfers
- Super Wikki Stix
- Scotch Super Glue and Adhesive Dots
- Tulip Color Shot Instant Fabric Color
- Learn to Knit Kit from Creative Publishing
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satins
- Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Dcor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 14 Beginner Crochet Patterns For Your Kitchen
- Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects
- Jessica Potasz
- Full of Love Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern
- Colorful DIY Agenda Planner
- Blinged Out DIY Cell Phone Case
- Egg Carton Flower Fairies
- Spring Flower DIY Wreath
- Ric Rac Rose Earrings
- Toilet Paper Roll Paint Stamps