DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Recently I've seen chalk-finish paint being used on lots of DIY projects, so I was excited to try the Americana Décor Chalky Finish Paints and the accompanying Creme Wax. I love any and all places where home décor and crafting intersect!
The first thing I love about the Americana Décor line is the color palette - soft pastels, both bold and muted earth tones, plus yummy smooth neutrals. They go well with many interior house paint colors, too. I really like that the paint is in wide-mouth jars rather than small jars or bottles - It's so much easier to dip the brush directly into the jar when you're working. And it's low-odor, which is always a plus when painting larger projects.
The flat finish is really nice - I like how, in spite of the color, it allows the natural state of the wood to come through. The wood looks newly refurbished, yet still has that "lived-in" quality. I got good coverage with a single coat, but better coverage with two coats. I prefer working with a sponge brush, but regular paintbrush strokes melted away pretty nicely. I also tried it with a sea sponge - the flat finish partners really well with the sponge's random texture - my surface looks lovely and organic.
The Creme Wax is intended to protect the chalky finish - it's actually very fluid. It goes on the dry painted surfaces really easily and dries quickly. A light buff with a smooth cloth after the wax was dry brought out the color a bit more, without adding any gloss.
All in all, it was a successful trial! Check out the Chalk Paint Ladder Rack I painted - I love how it turned out!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- GelWriter 100-Count Gel Pens in Rotating Stand Review
- Zippy Loom
- Practical Origami
- Fabric Creations Paints and Block Printing Stamps
- Evolution Advanced Die-Cutting/Embossing Machine
- eCraft Cutting Machine
- DCWV Paper Pack Collection
- Bic Mark It Color Collection
- Tulip Yarn Dye Kit
- 5 Favorite Products for National Craft Month 2016
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chain Braided Belt
- Beautiful Crochet Zipper Pouch
- Chunky Crochet Scarf
- DIY Chalkboard Dollhouse
- Adorably Easy Baby Burp Cloths
- Rustic Burlap Curtains
- Easy Ruffled Dishtowels
- Chicken Wire Christmas Card Display
- 22 DIY Beaded Ornaments
- Desert Winds Modern Crochet Triangle Scarf