Create a fun herb garden for the kitchen with painted clay pots. This is a great way to spruce up your kitchen windowsill.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP03 - Fern Green
- DCP07 - Geranium Red
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black
- DCP46 - Mistletoe Green
- DCP52 - Pumpkin
- DBL1580-B - Script Liner 10/0
- DBR2004-B - Round 4
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Palette or foam plate
- Chalk pencil
- Computer font (optional)
- Transfer paper
- New pencil with eraser
- Three 7" terra cotta pots
HELPFUL HINT: Use chalk pencil to write wording or choose computer font and type out words to copy. Apply letter pattern using transfer paper.
Basecoat all pots using 3/4" brush and Pumpkin. Let dry.
1. Copy pattern and adjust size to fit pot. Use transfer paper to copy onto pot in random pattern.
2. Mix Pumpkin and Cloud White 1:1. Paint faces with mix.
3. Paint hats Cloud White and scarves Geranium Red.
4. Use script brush to dot on mouths and eyes.
5. Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black to paint mustaches and brows. Outline hats and scarves.
6. Write or transfer lettering. Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black to paint lettering.
7. Use pencil eraser and Wrought Iron Black to stamp dots on pot.
1. Write or transfer lettering. (Refer to photo for placement.)
2. Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black to paint lettering.
3. Transfer leaf pattern onto pot randomly between lettering. Use 4 round brush and Fern Green to paint leaves.
4. Outline using liner brush and Wrought Iron Black.
1. Write or transfer lettering.
2. Transfer pepper pattern.
3. Use 4 round brush and Geranium Red to paint peppers. Paint leaves Mistletoe Green.
4. Use pencil eraser and Wrought Iron Black to stamp polka dots on pot.
5. Use liner brush and Wrought Iron Black to paint lettering. Use brush end to make dots between words. Let dry completely.
For More Great Clay Pot Garden Ideas Click Here!