Skinny Scarf or Belt
By: Caron Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use this quick and easy knitting pattern to create a skinny scarf or tie belt. The unique yarn color and fringe make it fantastic to wear either way.
- Yarn: 2, 1.75 oz/50 g balls (each approx 28 yds/26m) of Caron International’s Pizazz yarn: color #003 Gulf Stream (100% nylon);
- Knitting Needles: one pair size 15 (10mm) needles (OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE)
Finished Size: (excluding fringe): Width x length: 1 3/4 ”x 36”
Gauge: 11 sts and 10 rows = 4”/10cm over pat st
TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE.
Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: Knit each stitch but wrap yarn around needle twice.
Row 3: Knit each stitch, dropping the second loop off the needle.
Row 4: Knit.
Repeat above 4 rows for pat st.
Cast on 6 sts. Work in pat st until piece measures 36”. Bind off across.
Make fringe: Press remaining yarn flat. Measure and cut 16 lengths of 18”-long strips of yarn. Holding 2 strands together, attach 8 sets of 2 to each end of scarf/belt.
Washing Instructions: Hand wash gently in warm water using a mild detergent. Gently rinse well in cold water. Lay flat on a towel and roll in towel to remove excess water. DO NOT WRING, STRETCH OR HANG TO DRY.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More