Skinny Scarf or Belt
By: Caron Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use this quick and easy knitting pattern to create a skinny scarf or tie belt. The unique yarn color and fringe make it fantastic to wear either way.
- Yarn: 2, 1.75 oz/50 g balls (each approx 28 yds/26m) of Caron International’s Pizazz yarn: color #003 Gulf Stream (100% nylon);
- Knitting Needles: one pair size 15 (10mm) needles (OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE)
Finished Size: (excluding fringe): Width x length: 1 3/4 ”x 36”
Gauge: 11 sts and 10 rows = 4”/10cm over pat st
TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE.
Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: Knit each stitch but wrap yarn around needle twice.
Row 3: Knit each stitch, dropping the second loop off the needle.
Row 4: Knit.
Repeat above 4 rows for pat st.
Cast on 6 sts. Work in pat st until piece measures 36”. Bind off across.
Make fringe: Press remaining yarn flat. Measure and cut 16 lengths of 18”-long strips of yarn. Holding 2 strands together, attach 8 sets of 2 to each end of scarf/belt.
Washing Instructions: Hand wash gently in warm water using a mild detergent. Gently rinse well in cold water. Lay flat on a towel and roll in towel to remove excess water. DO NOT WRING, STRETCH OR HANG TO DRY.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Thinker Dragon Coloring Page
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page
- Lion Zentangle Coloring Page
- Giraffe Zentangle Coloring Page
- Ladybug Zentangle Coloring Page
- Bald Eagle Zentangle Coloring Page