We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Making a scarf is a great way to use up some left over yarn, and this Lacy Scarfette from Vickie Howell is perfect for the springtime! Beautiful scarves like this are great fashion accessories and a fun way to add a pop of color to your wardrobe!
Stitch.Rock.Love. Sheep(ish) from Caron (70% Acrylic/30% Wool; 3oz/85g, 167yds/153m) (#0012 Yellow(ish): 1 ball)
One pair size U.S. 8 (5mm) needles
Stitch holder (optional)
- In Garter stitch, 24 sts and 24 rows = 4"/10cm
- In Lace Pattern, 23 sts and 21 rows = 4"/10cm
- Gauge is not critical for this project.
- Garter Stitch: Knit every row.
- Lace Pattern (multiple of 8 sts + 5)
- Rows 1, 3, and 5 (RS): K3, *yo, k2, p3tog, k2, yo, k1; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
- Rows 2, 4, and 6: Purl.
- Rows 7, 9, and 11: K2, p2tog, *k2, yo, k1, yo, k2, p3tog; rep from * to last st, yo, k1.
- Row 8, 10, and 12: Purl.
- Rep Rows 1-12 for Lace Pattern.
SPECIAL TECHNIQUE: 3-Needle BO (optional) (joining 2 pieces together as you bind off): Place the stitches of the pieces to be joined on separate needles (or each end of a circular needle), held one behind the other in left hand, with right sides facing each other; with a third needle (the same size or 1 size larger than used for knitting the pieces), [k2tog (1 stitch from the front needle together with 1 stitch from the back needle)] twice, *pass first stitch on right-hand needle over last stitch in the usual manner, k2tog (1 stitch from the front needle together with 1 stitch from the back needle); repeat from * until all stitches have been bound off.
NOTE: Ascot is worked in two identical halves which are then sewn together at the bound-off ends. If you prefer, you may transfer the stitches for the first half to a stitch holder, work the second half, then work 3-Needle BO to join the ends.
ASCOT: First and Second Half (both alike)
- CO 29 sts.
- Work in Lace Pattern until 4 vertical repeats of pattern (48 rows) have been completed.
- Dec Row (RS): K1, *K2tog; rep from * to end—15 sts.
- Next Row: Work in Garter st for 7 1/4" from end of Lace Pattern.
- BO all sts, or transfer sts to st holder (optional) if you prefer to work 3-Needle BO.
- Sew Halves together at BO ends, or use 3-Needle BO to join Halves if you transferred sts to st holder.
- Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Stunning Silver Holiday Decor
- Gold Dipped Frosted Reindeer Trio
- Christmas Gnome Wall Decor
- Thrifty Vintage Red Sled
- Fun Glittery Snowman Wreath
- Fabulous Faux Flower Wreath
- Anthropologie Inspired Mirror
- Little Elf Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Little Nativity Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Wine Lover's Gift In a Jar