We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Making a scarf is a great way to use up some left over yarn, and this Lacy Scarfette from Vickie Howell is perfect for the springtime! Beautiful scarves like this are great fashion accessories and a fun way to add a pop of color to your wardrobe!
Stitch.Rock.Love. Sheep(ish) from Caron (70% Acrylic/30% Wool; 3oz/85g, 167yds/153m) (#0012 Yellow(ish): 1 ball)
One pair size U.S. 8 (5mm) needles
Stitch holder (optional)
- In Garter stitch, 24 sts and 24 rows = 4"/10cm
- In Lace Pattern, 23 sts and 21 rows = 4"/10cm
- Gauge is not critical for this project.
- Garter Stitch: Knit every row.
- Lace Pattern (multiple of 8 sts + 5)
- Rows 1, 3, and 5 (RS): K3, *yo, k2, p3tog, k2, yo, k1; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
- Rows 2, 4, and 6: Purl.
- Rows 7, 9, and 11: K2, p2tog, *k2, yo, k1, yo, k2, p3tog; rep from * to last st, yo, k1.
- Row 8, 10, and 12: Purl.
- Rep Rows 1-12 for Lace Pattern.
SPECIAL TECHNIQUE: 3-Needle BO (optional) (joining 2 pieces together as you bind off): Place the stitches of the pieces to be joined on separate needles (or each end of a circular needle), held one behind the other in left hand, with right sides facing each other; with a third needle (the same size or 1 size larger than used for knitting the pieces), [k2tog (1 stitch from the front needle together with 1 stitch from the back needle)] twice, *pass first stitch on right-hand needle over last stitch in the usual manner, k2tog (1 stitch from the front needle together with 1 stitch from the back needle); repeat from * until all stitches have been bound off.
NOTE: Ascot is worked in two identical halves which are then sewn together at the bound-off ends. If you prefer, you may transfer the stitches for the first half to a stitch holder, work the second half, then work 3-Needle BO to join the ends.
ASCOT: First and Second Half (both alike)
- CO 29 sts.
- Work in Lace Pattern until 4 vertical repeats of pattern (48 rows) have been completed.
- Dec Row (RS): K1, *K2tog; rep from * to end—15 sts.
- Next Row: Work in Garter st for 7 1/4" from end of Lace Pattern.
- BO all sts, or transfer sts to st holder (optional) if you prefer to work 3-Needle BO.
- Sew Halves together at BO ends, or use 3-Needle BO to join Halves if you transferred sts to st holder.
- Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More