We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Making a scarf is a great way to use up some left over yarn, and this Lacy Scarfette from Vickie Howell is perfect for the springtime! Beautiful scarves like this are great fashion accessories and a fun way to add a pop of color to your wardrobe!
When winter wanes and spring starts to show up with warmer days, it is time to pack away your winter wear and that often means your knit scarf patterns. This can make accessorizing tough! You still want to sport a scarf, but those chunky and warm knits just will not do. This is where scarfettes and scarflettes come in handy. This small, light, and often lacy free knitting patterns let you add a scarf to any look without adding too much warmth.
This gorgeous and glowing yellow crochet pattern is especially charming, because it is inspired by vintage scarfs and fashion. Rather than adding something chunky and trendy, this scarf knitting pattern adds a 50s twist to your look. You don’t have to go to the soda shop to dress like Sandra Dee. You just need to know how to knit!
MORE FREE SCARF KNITTING PATTERNS
Find even more ways to knit a scarf in our collection of knit scarf patterns, 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns. This collection of free knitting pattern contains knit scarf patterns and ideas for your whole family.
Stitch.Rock.Love. Sheep(ish) from Caron (70% Acrylic/30% Wool; 3oz/85g, 167yds/153m) (#0012 Yellow(ish): 1 ball)
One pair size U.S. 8 (5mm) needles
Stitch holder (optional)
- In Garter stitch, 24 sts and 24 rows = 4"/10cm
- In Lace Pattern, 23 sts and 21 rows = 4"/10cm
- Gauge is not critical for this project.
- Garter Stitch: Knit every row.
- Lace Pattern (multiple of 8 sts + 5)
- Rows 1, 3, and 5 (RS): K3, *yo, k2, p3tog, k2, yo, k1; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
- Rows 2, 4, and 6: Purl.
- Rows 7, 9, and 11: K2, p2tog, *k2, yo, k1, yo, k2, p3tog; rep from * to last st, yo, k1.
- Row 8, 10, and 12: Purl.
- Rep Rows 1-12 for Lace Pattern.
SPECIAL TECHNIQUE: 3-Needle BO (optional) (joining 2 pieces together as you bind off): Place the stitches of the pieces to be joined on separate needles (or each end of a circular needle), held one behind the other in left hand, with right sides facing each other; with a third needle (the same size or 1 size larger than used for knitting the pieces), [k2tog (1 stitch from the front needle together with 1 stitch from the back needle)] twice, *pass first stitch on right-hand needle over last stitch in the usual manner, k2tog (1 stitch from the front needle together with 1 stitch from the back needle); repeat from * until all stitches have been bound off.
NOTE: Ascot is worked in two identical halves which are then sewn together at the bound-off ends. If you prefer, you may transfer the stitches for the first half to a stitch holder, work the second half, then work 3-Needle BO to join the ends.
ASCOT: First and Second Half (both alike)
- CO 29 sts.
- Work in Lace Pattern until 4 vertical repeats of pattern (48 rows) have been completed.
- Dec Row (RS): K1, *K2tog; rep from * to end—15 sts.
- Next Row: Work in Garter st for 7 1/4" from end of Lace Pattern.
- BO all sts, or transfer sts to st holder (optional) if you prefer to work 3-Needle BO.
- Sew Halves together at BO ends, or use 3-Needle BO to join Halves if you transferred sts to st holder.
- Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft