Peppermint Knit Cowl
By: Rusty Boyd from Small Town Knit Guy
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This peppermint knit cowl from Rusty Boyd is warm and festive for the winter months. Use these knitting instructions to make one for yourself or a gift.
- 2 balls OnLine Linie 146 Montana in the Ruby Fire colorway (01) (or yarn of your choice that gives you the approximate gauge)
- Size 11 DPN or long circular for magic loop (or size that gives you approximate gauge)
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
Gauge: Not entirely important but -- approximately 3.5 stitches and 3 rows per inch (pre-blocking)
Stitch Pattern: Wavy Rib (from Mon Tricot Knitting Dictionary 1030 Stitches and Patterns) modified for working in the round multiple of 6
Rounds 1-6: *P4, k2*
Round 7: *P2, sl 2 to cn and hold to back of work, k2, p2 from cn
Rounds 8-12: *P2, k2, p2*
Round 13: *Sl 2 to cn and hold to back of work, k2, p2 from cn, p2*
Rounds 14-18: *K2, p4*
Round 19: *sl last 2 p st from previous round to cn and hold in back of work, K2, p2 from cn, p2,
sl 2 st to cn and hold in back of work, k2, p2 from cn, p2
Rounds 20-24: repeat rounds 14-18
Round 25: repeat round 19
Cast on 60 stitches. Place stitch marker to mark beginning of round. Join to work in the round. Work pattern stitches through round 25. Repeat rounds 20-25 to desired length (height). To bind off I used Elizabeth Zimmerman's Sewn Bind off. (Click for link to Knitty.) It gives a stretchy bind off which will be helpful when pulling this over your head. Use tapestry needle to weave in ends. Blocking I feel is unnecessary with this type of accessory, but you can if you like.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Recycled Bottle Cap Flower Garden Stake
- Merry Christmas Wood Slice Garland
- Wool Sock Christmas Wreath
- Wood Slice Winter Painting
- Handmade Yarn Pom Pom
- Stunning Silver Holiday Decor
- 10 Minute Dish Towel Apron
- Cute Creative Luggage Tags
- Gold Dipped Frosted Reindeer Trio
- Christmas Gnome Wall Decor