Chain Stitch Scarf Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Chain stitch creates a soft texture in this free scarf knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns in Bamboo yarn. Knit lengthwise on circular needles, the scarf is quick and easy. Use the chain stitch technique on other projects.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- Yarn: Bernat Bamboo (60 g / 2.1 oz) 2 balls of #92425 (Rosehip)
- Circular Knitting Needle: Size 6 mm (U.S. 10) 16 ins 40 cm long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 14 sts and 20 rows = 4 ins 10 cm in stocking st.
Measurements: 5 x 50 ins 12.5 x 127 cm
Cast on 171 sts. Do not join in rnd. Working back and forth in rows, proceed as follows:
1st row: (WS). Knit.
2nd row: *P1. Sl1P. Rep from * to last st. P1.
3rd row: K2. *Sl1. K1. Rep from * to last st. K1.
4th to 7th rows: Beg with a knit row, work in stocking st.
Rep 2nd to 7th rows for 5 ins [12.5 cm], then 2nd and 3rd rows once.
Next row: Knit. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Teeny Tiny Halloween Spiders
- Three Little Pumpkins Halloween Centerpiece
- Witch Hat Halloween Headband
- Witch Hat Topiary Halloween Centerpiece
- Giant Wooly Spider Halloween Headband
- Hemp Cord
- Candy Jar Skeletons
- Candy Creature Topiaries
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display