Chain Stitch Scarf Knitting Pattern
By: Bernat Yarns
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You'll love this lightweight scarf any time of year! The chain stitch creates a soft texture in this free scarf knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns. This scarf is quick and easy to make. You can knit it lengthwise on circular needles.
Gorgeous knitting patterns like this are great projects for people who are new to knitting to start with. This cute scarf also makes a great Christmas or birthday gift for a friend or family member. Choose a neutral color and wear your scarf all year long.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners.
- Yarn: Bernat Bamboo (60 g / 2.1 oz) 2 balls of #92425 (Rosehip)
- Circular Knitting Needle: Size 6 mm (U.S. 10) 16 ins 40 cm long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 14 sts and 20 rows = 4 ins 10 cm in stocking st.
Measurements: 5 x 50 ins 12.5 x 127 cm
Cast on 171 sts. Do not join in rnd. Working back and forth in rows, proceed as follows:
1st row: (WS). Knit.
2nd row: *P1. Sl1P. Rep from * to last st. P1.
3rd row: K2. *Sl1. K1. Rep from * to last st. K1.
4th to 7th rows: Beg with a knit row, work in stocking st.
Rep 2nd to 7th rows for 5 ins [12.5 cm], then 2nd and 3rd rows once.
Next row: Knit. Cast off knitwise (WS).
For more simple crafting projects, take a look at these 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Merry Tree Adult Coloring Page
- Easy Christmas Paper Sock
- Pom Pom DIY Christmas Tree
- Merry Popsicle Stick Ornament
- Paper Snowman DIY Ornaments
- Easy Pinecone Christmas Craft
- Glowing Paper DIY Christmas Tree
- Christmas Printable Cootie Catchers
- Cityscape Adult Coloring Page
- Pine Cone DIY Wreath