We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Worked in rows instead of rounds and seamed at the end, this hat knitting pattern is easy for beginners. A twisted rib pattern adds great texture. Knit this comfortable hat in no time. Find this easy hat knitting pattern and more crochet and knitting patterns in the Red Heart Yarn eBook.
- Yarn: RED HEART® “Eco-Ways™”: 2 balls 1821 Blue Cloud.
- Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7] and 5mm [US 8].
- Yarn needle.
Gauge: 24 sc = 4”; 20 rows = 4” in Twisted Rib using larger needles.
Size: Head Circumference: Small (Medium)- 17 (18)”
Twisted Rib Pattern (multiple of 4 sts + 2)
Row 1 (RS): P2, *RT, p2; repeat from * across.
Row 2: K2, *p2, k2; repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for Twisted Rib Pattern.
With smaller needles, cast on 106 (112) sts.
Row 1 (WS): K2,* p2, k2; repeat from * across.
Row 2: P2, *k2, p2; repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 4 1/2” from beginning, end with a wrong side row. Change to larger needles and work in Twisted Rib until piece measures 12 (12 1/2)” from beginning. Bind off in pattern.
Fold in half crosswise and sew sts of last row together for top of Hat. Sew side seam. Weave in ends.
For more project ideas, visit Red Heart Yarn.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner's Favorite Knitted Hat
- 19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Men's Winter Hat and Scarf
- Pink Cabled Hat and Scarf
- Chunky Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Cable Knit Scarf and Hat
- Soft Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Knit and Crochet Nature Hat
- Honeycomb Knit Hat & Cowl
- Vintage Tie Up Headband Knitting Pattern
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Balance Focus DIY Postcards
- Energizing Mandala Printables
- Washi Tape Coloring Sheet
- Healing Hearts Coloring Page
- Peacock Printable Coloring Page
- Merry Tree Adult Coloring Page
- Easy Christmas Paper Sock
- Pom Pom DIY Christmas Tree
- Merry Popsicle Stick Ornament
- Paper Snowman DIY Ornaments