We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Worked in rows instead of rounds and seamed at the end, this hat knitting pattern is easy for beginners. A twisted rib pattern adds great texture. Knit this comfortable hat in no time. Find this easy hat knitting pattern and more crochet and knitting patterns in the Red Heart Yarn eBook.
- Yarn: RED HEART® “Eco-Ways™”: 2 balls 1821 Blue Cloud.
- Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7] and 5mm [US 8].
- Yarn needle.
Gauge: 24 sc = 4”; 20 rows = 4” in Twisted Rib using larger needles.
Size: Head Circumference: Small (Medium)- 17 (18)”
Twisted Rib Pattern (multiple of 4 sts + 2)
Row 1 (RS): P2, *RT, p2; repeat from * across.
Row 2: K2, *p2, k2; repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for Twisted Rib Pattern.
With smaller needles, cast on 106 (112) sts.
Row 1 (WS): K2,* p2, k2; repeat from * across.
Row 2: P2, *k2, p2; repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 4 1/2” from beginning, end with a wrong side row. Change to larger needles and work in Twisted Rib until piece measures 12 (12 1/2)” from beginning. Bind off in pattern.
Fold in half crosswise and sew sts of last row together for top of Hat. Sew side seam. Weave in ends.
For more project ideas, visit Red Heart Yarn.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Valentine’s Day Printable Tag (Tic Tac Toe)
- Sweet Illuminated Valentine's Decoration
- Free PJ Pants Pattern for Older Kids
- Beaded Cross Stitch Snowflake
- T-shirt Yarn Dreamcatcher
- Heart Coffee Cozy
- Easy DIY Valentine's Wreath
- 38 Flower Pot Crafts
- Magnetic Pin Bowl
- Chicken Wire Heart Decor