Free Spirit Shawls
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Free-Spirit Shawls: 20 Eclectic Knits for Every Day
By Lisa Shroyer
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Shawls add a nice touch to your outfit, no matter what the weather. From those blistery fall evenings to those unseasonably warm winter afternoons, a simple knit shawl can help keep you warm and toasty while also adding some color and style to your wardrobe.
The shawl is a fantastic project for all levels of knitters. Simple stitches and the traditional triangle shape make shawls great beginner projects, yet advanced knitters can also have fun experimenting with various techniques, color changes and motifs. And with the wide variety of shawl patterns you'll find in Free-Spirit Shawls: 20 Eclectic Knits for Every Day, you're bound to find a pattern that's perfect for you.
With 20 simply stunning patterns to select from, Free-Spirit Shawls: 20 Eclectic Knits for Every Day takes the humble shawl and transforms it into a variety of styles that are sure to please knitters of all skill levels. Over-the-shoulder shawls, neck wraps, caps, circle shawls, and longer scarf-style shawls are all included here, among many other beautiful and eclectic designs.
Broken down into four major themes (Color, Lace, Simplicity, and Texture), the shawls in this book are modern and dramatic in design, great for women of all ages and walks of life. I happen to love the Framework Shawl, which takes the simple triangle shape and both expands it and contracts it to create a whimsical scalloped design that would compliment almost any outfit. The lacy look of this shawl also makes it easy to wear year round...great for those cooler summer nights and perfect for layering during the colder fall and winter months.
With a wide variety of colors and styles represented here, the patterns in Free-Spirit Shawls: 20 Eclectic Knits for Every Day will change the way you think about this simple knit project. By giving a modern twist to this classic design, author and compiler Lisa Shroyer shows knitters of all skill levels how to bring yesterday's patterns into today's fashion.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page
- Lion Zentangle Coloring Page
- Giraffe Zentangle Coloring Page
- Ladybug Zentangle Coloring Page
- Bald Eagle Zentangle Coloring Page
- Valentine Train Coloring Pages