Jingle Jester Baby Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit an adorable baby jester hat with jingle ends for the holidays or anytime. Baby will love jingling the bells. This baby hat knitting pattern is intended for intermediate knitters.
- Yarn: RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 Skein 672 Spring Green
- Circular Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7]-16”.
- Double Pointed Needles: 4.5mm [US 7].
- 3 Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- 3 jingle bells
- Sewing needle and thread.
Size: Hat Circumference: 13¼”
Gauge: 18 sts = 4”; 24 rnds = 4” in St st.
With circular needle, cast on 56 sts. Join to work in the round making sure that sts are not twisted and place a marker between first and last sts.
Rnd 1: * K2, P2; repeat from * around.
Repeat Rnd 1 for ribbing for 4½”.
K 1 rnd, inc 4 sts evenly spaced – 60 sts. Work even in St st for 2½” – 7” from beginning.
[K20, place marker on needle] twice, K 20 to marker at end of rnd.
Rnd 1: K, inc 1 st before and after each marker – 6 sts inc in rnd.
Rnd 2: K.
Repeat Rnds 1 and 2 seven times – 108 sts.
Divide and Shape Points
First Point: Place first 36 sts onto a dpn; leave remaining sts on the circular needle.
Note: Points will measure about 5” from base to tip. To make points longer or shorter, adjust the number of rows between decrease rows.
Rnd 1: [K4, K2tog] 6 times – 30 sts.
Rnds 2-6: K.
Rnd 7: [K3, K2tog] 6 times – 24 sts.
Rnds 8-12: K.
Rnd 13: [K2, K2tog] 6 times – 18 sts.
Rnds 14-18: K.
Rnd 19: [K1, K2tog] 6 times – 12 sts.
Rnds 20-24: K.
Rnd 25: [K2tog] 6 times – 6 sts.
Rnds 26-30: K.
Cut yarn, leaving a 6” tail. With yarn needle, weave yarn tail through remaining sts; draw up firmly; fasten securely. 2nd Point: Place next 36 sts onto a dpn; leave remaining sts on the circular needle and work same as for First Point. 3rd Point: Place last 36 sts onto a dpn and work same as for First Point.
FINISHING: Weave in ends. With sewing needle and thread, sew a bell to each tip. Turn up half of ribbing for cuff.
Visit Red Heart Yarn for more ideas and inspiration.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft