Staggered Square Knit Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The staggered squares create a lacy detail effect for this knit baby blanket. This is a sporty and light comforter for baby.
- Bernat® Baby Sport (Big Ball) Solids (350 g / 12.3 oz) OR Ombres (280 g / 9.8 oz)
- 1 ball of #21730 (Popsicle Blue).
- Circular Knitting Needle: size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Approx 35 ins [89 cm] square.
18 sts and 30 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
Cast on 133 sts. Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
Work 7 rows in garter st (knit every row), noting 1st row is WS and inc 8 sts evenly across last row. 141 sts.
1st row: (RS). K5. P1. *K4. K2tog. K3. yrn. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
2nd row: K6. *P5. K5. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
3rd row: K5. P1. *K4. K2tog. K2. yfwd. K1. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
4th row: As 2nd row.
5th row: K5. P1. *K4. K2tog. K1. yfwd. K2. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
6th row: As 2nd row.
7th row: K5. P1. *K4. K2tog. yfwd. K3. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
8th row: As 2nd row.
9th row: K5. P1. *yon. K3. Sl1. K1. psso. K4. P1. Rep from * to last 5 sts. K5.
10th row: K10. *P5. K5. Rep from * to last 11 sts. P5. K6.
11th row: K5. *P1. K1. yfwd. K2. Sl1. K1. psso. K4. Rep from * to last 6 sts. P1. K5.
12th row: As 10th row.
13th row: K5. *P1. K2. yfwd. K1. Sl1. K1. psso. K4. Rep from * to last 6 sts. P1. K5.
14th row: As 10th row.
15th row: K5. *P1. K3. yfwd. Sl1. K1. psso. K4. Rep from * to last 6 sts. P1. K5.
16th row: As 10th row.
Rep last 16 rows for pat until work from beg measures approx 34 ins [86.5 cm], ending on a 16th row of pat.
Next row: Knit, dec 8 sts evenly across. 133 sts.
Work a further 6 rows in garter st. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Baby Blue Blanket
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 31 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts