Diamond Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a simple baby's blanket from Patons with a textured diamond edge. For all skill levels.
- Patons Astra (50 g/1.75 oz)
- Main color (MC) (Blue) 9 balls
- Contrast A (White) 1 ball
- Knitting Needles: size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7)
- Circular Knitting Needle: 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) 90 cm long or size needed to obtain tension.
Approx 37 x 43 ins [94 x 109 cm]
21 sts and 32 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
With MC, cast on 176 sts. Do not join. Working back and forth across needle, proceed as follows:
Work Chart I to end of chart as given for size 12-18 mos of Pants reading RS rows from right to left and WS rows from left to right, noting the 20 st rep will be worked 8 times.
Rows 1 to 20 of Chart form pat.
Cont in pat until Blanket from beg measures approx 39 ins [99 cm], ending on a 10th row of chart pat. Cast off.
Note: When working Edging, use separate balls of yarn for each area of color. Start new colors at appropriate points. To change colors, twist the two colors around each other where they meet, on wrong side, to avoid a hole.
Edging: With MC, cast on 2 sts. With A, cast on 2 sts.
1st row: (Right side). With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K2. 5 sts.
2nd and alt rows: Knit, changing colors at appropriate point.
3rd row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K3. 6 sts.
5th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K4. 7 sts.
7th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K5. 8 sts.
9th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K6. 9 sts.
11th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K7. 10 sts.
13th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K8. 11 sts.
15th row: With A, K2. yfwd. K9. 12 sts.
16th row: With A, cast off 9 sts purlways. Knit to end of row. 3 sts.
17th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K1. 4 sts.
18th row: With MC, K2. With A, K2.
Rep last 18 rows until edging fits around entire Blanket allowing sufficient length to gather at each corner, beg at centre of one side edge, sewing in place as you work. Cast off. Sew ends of edging tog.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 172 Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 40 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- Knit Chevron Baby Blanket
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 25 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Chopstick Bags
- Boho Tassel DIY Necklace
- Upcycled Watch Face DIY Earrings
- Sea Stone DIY Bracelet
- Ikea Tarva Dresser Makeover with Fabric Lined Drawers
- Sushi Bling
- Inside Out Movie-Themed Shoes
- Polka Dot Little Girls' Apron
- Simple and Elegant Hexagon Art Projects
- Lucky Hat Centerpiece