Cupcake Recipe Book
By: Maria Nerius, FaveCrafts.com Resident Craft Expert
Make a cupcake recipe book, shaped like a cupcake and full of cupcake recipes. This fun project by Maria Nerius would make a great gift for a friend.
- C&T Publishing cupcake book blank
- DCWV glossy paper (Light and Dark Pink)
- 11 Coordinating papers
- Fiskars cupcake clear stamps
- Pink, brown, and white inks
- Artist sponge
- Pink bugle beads
- Needle and thread
- 6 recipes computer generated
- 1” Paper punch
- This book blank has 6 pages; one is a short page (shaped like cupcake top) and 5 full pages. Make a template of the cupcake top, cupcake bottom, and another for the entire shape of the cupcake. You’ll need: 1 cupcake top for the cover (glossy pink), 1 recipe for the cupcake top, 1 plain cupcake top, 5 cupcake bottoms, 4 shapes of the entire cupcake. You’ll be adhering these paper shapes to the blank pages of the book.
- Make your recipes using a computer or you could write the recipes by hand. Use your templates to make sure the recipes will fit onto the book pages. Using your template cut out the shape of the cupcake top and adhere one recipe per page.
- Cut out 5 cupcake bottoms and adhere one per page. You now have your recipes and cupcake bottoms done.
- Cut out a cupcake top from glossy pink paper. Punch or cut a 1” circle from dark pink glossy paper. This circle is your cherry! Adhere cherry to top of glossy pink cupcake top. Now using needle and thread sew pink bugle beads to glossy pink top. These bugle beads look like cute little sprinkles for your cupcake. Adhere this glossy pink cupcake top to the front of your book. You should now see a finished front to your recipe book.
- Adhere coordinating papers to the rest of your book. You’ll be adding 2 cupcake tops and 5 full cupcake shapes.
- Using the Fiskars cupcake stamps and your brown, randomly stamp cupcakes throughout the book. You’ll also have word stamps and a few mini images (cherry) that you can use too.
- Using an artist sponge, sponge a bit of pink ink to the cupcake top glossy pink paper. Sponge a touch of brown ink throughout the book. Allow ink to dry, then with the artist sponge, sponge a touch of white ink throughout the book to accent and highlight.