Create a sweet, matching Easter decor set with a garden pot, painted egg candle with candle holder and bunny place card. The little bunny holding the place card mirrors the bunny painting on the pot.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP30 - Buttercup Yellow
- DCP34 - Larkspur Blue
- DCP37 - Blue Bell
- DCP41 - Carnation Pink
- DCP45 - Light Sage Green
Candle Painting Medium
- DS39 - Candle Painting Medium
- DS23 - Easy Cling Brush (3)
- Brushes - Synthetic Brushes for Acrylics: 1 Liner, 1" Flat
- Supplies - Water container, paper towels, palette paper, tracing & transfer paper, pencil, hot glue, 6" craft wire
- 2", 3" & 6" Terra Cotta Pots; 4" Saucer; Egg-shaped Candle; 1-1/4" X 2" Card; Wooden Shapes (2 Tears, 1 Large Circle, 2 Small Circles)
Patio Paint is a self-sealing exterior paint. No prior preparation is needed when working on wood. For other surfaces, follow directions on label. Patio Paint may be used on all porous surfaces such as concrete, terra cotta, wood, plaster, etc. Because of the self-sealing agents, the paint does not require a varnish upon completion.
- With 1" flat brush, basecoat rim with Buttercup Yellow and bottom with 1:1 mix of Larkspur Blue and Cloud White. When dry, use end of pouncer to make Cloud White triads of dots on rim. Use Cloud White to lightly pounce cloud shapes on bottom.
- Transfer pattern to pot. Pounce left egg with 1:1 mix of Carnation Pink and Cloud White, right egg Buttercup Yellow and bunny Blue Bell. When dry, add details to eggs as desired and lightly pounce Cloud White onto bunny with touch of Carnation Pink added in cheeks and ears. Use 1 liner to add Carnation Pink nose, dot Blue Bell eyes and whiskers.
- Lightly pounce Chive Green along bottom, no more than 1" high. Use 1 liner to pull blades of grass using Light Sage Green and Chive Green.
Candle and Holder
- Clean candle with alcohol. Let dry.
- Paint candle with mix of equal parts Cloud White, Carnation Pink and Candle Painting Medium. Add Carnation Pink stripes with 1 liner.
- Paint 4" saucer and 3" pot's rim Buttercup Yellow; add Cloud White dot triads.
- Paint bottom of pot with mix of Cloud White and Larkspur Blue. Lightly pounce Cloud White to make clouds.
- Glue bottom of saucer and to bottom of pot.
Bunny Place Card
- Basecoat tear shapes, all circles, wire and 2" pot Blue Bell. Add three Blue Bell lines on small circles to resemble paws. Hot glue large circle on bottom of 2" pot and tear shapes on circle with points down.
- Lightly pounce surface and small circles with Cloud White. Add a little pink for ears and cheeks.
- Cut wire to desired lengths, paint Blue Bell and hot glue into place for whiskers.
- Dot eyes with Blue Bell; add Carnation Pink nose.
- Paint card Buttercup Yellow with Cloud White dots. Personalize, using 1 liner and Blue Bell.
- Hot glue small wooden circles on top and lean against rabbit form.
Transferring a Pattern
Lay tracing paper over pattern and draw the basic lines. Lay this tracing on the surface to be painted. Slip graphite paper between the tracing and the surface. Tape to secure. Trace with a pencil to transfer the design. Do not trace details until after basecoating has dried.