Crochet for Kids: 15 Free Crochet Patterns
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create adorable crochet patterns for the little kids in your life with these 15 Free Crochet Patterns for Kids. With patterns for little girls and boys, as well as several crocheted toy tutorials, this is a great collection to have on hand for holiday and birthday gift-giving needs. Learn how to make a cute stuffed animal, an adorable Lemon Drop Dress, or crochet a cute dinosaur sweater for the little man. No matter what you decide to make, kids of all ages are sure to appreciate this collection of fun and adorable patterns...made just for them!
We kick off this collection with patterns for girls. With lots of cute dresses and skirts, this group of projects is just the thing to help dress up your favorite little princess. The Lemon Drop Dress, for example, is perfect for the summer...and you can make it in a wide variety of colors.
Little guys who love dinosaurs are sure to appreciate the Dinosaur Sweater. Easy for crochet fans of all skill levels to make, this adorable sweater sports a fun dinosaur that you an also make in a variety of colors. Let your little one help pick out the colors for his dinosaur and you'll have one fun sweater that he'll never want to take off!
Finally, what kid doesn't love toys? Our collection of crocheted toys to make is a great group of projects to have on hand for all your gift giving needs. The Buddy the Bear project, for example, is one little teddy that girls and boys alike will love and cherish. Perfect to give as a birthday present or a holiday stocking stuffer, this little crocheted bear will win over your heart in no time!
Crochet for Kids: 15 Free Crochet Patterns
Kids not quite grown up yet? We also have a great collection of crochet patterns for babies! In 27 Cute Crochet Patterns for Babies, you'll find lots of great ideas for clothes, afghans, toys, and so much more! Customize the patterns by changing the yarn colors and get to making these sweet and adorable patterns today!
Pretty colors and ruffles are what await you in this collection of cute crochet patterns for girls. Sweet skirts and dresses make crocheting even more fun than it already is...and these girly girl patterns are sure to make little ladies happy. Great for year-round comfort and joy, these clothes are sure to be well-loved and appreciated by kids and adults alike. And with as quickly as kids grow, having plenty of clothes on hand is a great way to be prepared for random growth spurts and accidential spills!
- The Cutest Ever Skirt: Lovely little ladies can show off their classy side with this sweet crocheted skirt.
- Lemon Drop Dress: Perfect for summer, this crocheted dress is great for beginners and will look as sweet as candy on your little girl!
- Strawberry Truffles Skirt: Pretty pink ruffles surround this adorable skirt...giving it the look of a whimsical birthday cake!
- Bolero for Girls: A lovely lavender bolero makes the perfect addition to a spring or summer dress.
- Ruffle Capelet: Embellished with lovely boarders and colors, this Ruffle Capelet is perfect for those cooler summer evenings.
We all know that little boys like to make messes. Whether it's dirt or grass stains, boys of all ages love to get their hands dirty...of course, that means having lots of clothes on hand in case something gets damaged! With these fun crochet patterns for boys, you'll find great ideas for making cute sweaters, hoodies, scarves, and more. Perfect for little guys of all ages and sizes, these patterns are great to have on hand should you need to whip up another sweater this weekend!
- Dinosaur Sweater: Every little boy goes through a dinosaur phase. For those who never grow out of it, this crocheted sweater is a must-make!
- Camo Hoodie: Perfect for fall and winter, this Camo Hoodie is easy to make...and the colors stripe all by themselves.
- Little Blue Hat and Scarf Set: Make sure your little one keeps warm in the winter with this matching hat and scarf set.
- Little Prince Afghan: After a fun day swimming in the lake or fishing with dad, there's nothing better than curling up with this cozy crocheted afghan.
You can find even more great crochet patterns in 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers. This printable collection is great for those looking for a fun new crochet project to try!
Handmade toys are great to make for kids. They're durable, inexpensive, and are great for using up all that leftover yarn that you have in your stash. Perfect for birthday gifts and stocking stuffers, these adorable crocheted critters are sure to please little girls and boys alike. These patterns are also great for beginners, as they often involve just knowing how to single crochet and count rows. They also work up quickly and are often quite easy to assemble.
- Frog Prince Pillow: Worked up in simple rows, this large crocheted toy could also double as a pillow.
- Walt's Teddy Bear: Though this cuddly teddy sports a bright pink, you can easily make it in any color you'd like!
- Pokemon Pika Chu Plush Pattern: "Pika! Pika!" Fans of the popular Pokemon cartoon will adore this sweet crochet pattern.
- Buddy the Bear: Kids of all ages (and adults, too!) are sure to find a buddy in this sweet crocheted teddy bear.
- Merry Merry Monkey: This soft plush monkey is sure to bring a smile to anyone's face!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Leisure Arts Book Bundle
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Beginner Pack
- Red Heart Fancy Yarn Pack
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- American Quilter's Society Gift Card
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- Sizzix eclips2 DIY Electric Cutter Starter Kit
- Sheet Metal Bracelet DIY Craft Project
- Stenciled Metal Vase
- Structured Pattern Skirt DIY Craft Project