Belle Fleur Scarf
By: Debbie Stoller of Stitch Nation
This Belle Fleur Scarf is elegant and adorable. This crochet pattern isn't difficult at all - use your imagination and you'll love the results.
- Crochet Hook: 4mm [US G-6]
- Yarn needle
- STITCH NATION by Debbie Stoller “Alpaca Love”: 2 balls 3620 Fern A, 1 ball each 3520 Peacock Feather B, 3920 Ruby C, 3580 Dusk D, and 3650 Lotus E.
MSL (Small Leaf)
- Row 1: With A, ch 8; slip st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next 2 ch, hdc in next ch, slip st in last ch; turn.
- Row 2: Ch 1, skip slip st, sc in next 5 sts, 3 sc in tip, 5 sc on opposite side of ch, slip st in last ch.
MLL (Make Large Leaf)
- Rows 1 and 2: Make same as Small Leaf; turn.
- Row 3: Ch 1, skip slip st, sc in next 6 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in next 6 sts, slip st in next st; turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1, sc in next 7 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 8 sts.
With A ch 243.
- Round 1: Slip st in 2nd ch from hook, * MSL, at end of Row 2 of leaf, slip st in next 10 ch of original ch, MSL, slip st in next 10 ch, MLL **, slip st in next 10 ch; repeat from * to last ch; (MSL, MLL) all in last ch, working on opposite side of ch, slip st in next 5 ch; repeat from * across opposite side of ch to last 6 ch, end at **; slip st in next 5 ch, MLL in last ch. Fasten off.
(Make 5 each B and E, and 4 each C and D)
- Round 1: Ch 10, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each rem ch to last ch; 6 sc in last ch; working behind curl, join with a slip st to first of the 6 sc at end of Round 1 – 6 sc upon which remainder of flower will be worked. Free “curl” becomes the flower center.
- Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in same ch as joining and in each of the next 5 sc; join with a slip st in front loop of first sc -12 sc.
- Round 3: Ch 2, 2 dc in same loop as joining, * (2 dc, ch 2, slip st) all in next front loop **, (slip st, ch 2, 2 dc) all in next front loop; repeat from * around, end at **; slip st in first slip st – 6 petals.
- Round 4: Ch 2, keeping flower to front, slip st in first back loop, ch 1, sc in same loop, 2 sc in next back loop, * sc in next back loop, 2 sc in next back loop; repeat from * around; join to first sc – 18 sc.
- Round 5: * Ch 2, [2 dc in next sc] twice, ch 2, slip st in next sc; repeat from * around, ending slip st in first slip st. Fasten off.
- Sew flowers to garland in random order.
- Weave in ends.
- ABBREVIATIONS: A, B, etc. = color A, B. etc.; ch = chain; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated; [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified.
- Leaves are worked along length of garland as garland is being made.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts