Multi Color Floral Afghan
By: Roseanna Beck
This Multi Color Floral Afghan by Roseanna Beck looks great and will remind you of spring! This is an easy crochet afghan you cherish forever.
- 875 yds. Black Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- Various Colors 4-ply yarn (Each Octagon Motif requires Rnds 1 and 2 – 3 ½ yds. Rnd 3 – 6 yds.) (Each Insert Motif requires 4 ½ yds)
- I and J crochet hooks or size needed for guage
- Tapestry Needle
Octagon Motifs: (make 99)
- Rnd 1 – With I hook and color for center of motif ch 2, work 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join to beg sc.
- Rnd 2 – Ch 4, dc in same st, (dc, ch 1, dc) in each st around, join to 3rd ch of beg ch 4 and fasten off.
- Rnd 3 – Join contrasting color with a sl st in any ch 1 sp, ch 2, (dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in same sp, *ch 2, Shell in next ch 1 sp, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 2 and fasten off.
- Rnd 4 – Join black with a sc in ch 1 sp of Shell, *5 dc in next ch 2 sp, sc in ch 1 sp of Shell, rep from * around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Insert Motifs: (make 80)
- Rnd 1 – With contrasting color ch 2, work 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join to beg sc.
- Rnd 2 – Ch 3, (dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in same sp, * sc in next sc, Shell in next sc, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 3 and fasten off.
- With black whipstitch Octagon Motifs together sewing 11 rows of 9 motifs each. With Insert Motif color sew inserts between Octagon Motifs.
- Starting at upper right corner of Octagon Motif and J hook join black with a sc in 3rd dc of 5 dc cluster, ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next sc, ch 3, skip 2 dc, sc in next dc, rep to joining, sc in joining, continue pattern around entire afghan, join to beg sc and fasten off.
- Size: 43” x 53”
- GUAGE: With I hook – Octagon Motif measures 4 ¾” across, Insert Motif measures 2” across
- Chain (ch)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Double Crochet
- Slip Stitch (sl st)
- Special Stitch: Shell – 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts