We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I live in the Philippines where crochet is regarded more as Grandma's craft, before the use of the internet became popular. I wasn't that keen to crochet home accessories, but very much interested in the process of creating items with crochet, so I taught myself the basics.
As a young stay-at-home mom in the late 80's, I was always looking for more materials and patterns but there isn't much available locally. Crochet wasn't exciting until I learned to use the internet in 2005. I was so delighted to start my own blog (Crochet and Other Stuff), join crochet forums, and get to know women like me who are as interested in the craft. I love creating my own crochet designs, so I started writing my own patterns. As a former Public Accountant, I never before thought of becoming a professional designer, but here I am. I have been a freelance designer for Coats Manila Bay since 2007, a contributor to Crochet Pattern-a-day Calendars, Crochet Liberation Front First Ever Book, and have a published design in Interweave Crochet Summer 2010.
My goal in designing is to create unique, simple yet stylish designs.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More