We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I have always loved vintage and antique treasures, and I have also always made things. So it was natural that my love of old photographs prompted me to find a way to use them in an artful fashion. I wanted the images of yesterday’s souls, pets and places to have the chance to be seen again, appreciated again and known once more--even if I didn’t know their names or from whence they came. My desire to use these images led me to create pendant necklaces, wall jewelry and bracelets, incorporating in my designs other small, forgotten bits of vintage flotsam. Thus began my journey and continuing metamorphosis into wearable art.
For the last nine years I have been fortunate enough to be able to indulge myself in the pleasure of making jewelry on a part-time basis. I have participated in shows coast to coast including An Artfulfest, The Earth Angels’ “heART of winter” and Annual Spring Soiree Events, “Ghoultide Gathering”, The Country Living Fair and Paul Gordon’s “Friends in Christmas” event. I had the absolute thrill and honor of having my studio featured in the November 2009 Anniversary Issue of Where Women Create, and in September 2009 I was selected to host a jewelry and ornament making session sponsored by Gorilla Glue at The Country Living Fair.
In my everyday life I am a wife, mother of two children (my daughter Dakota is 15 and my son Spencer is 6), two dogs (Zeus and Zelda, brother and sister canines that are half Bull Mastiff and half St. Bernard) and I am a full-time school teacher-librarian. I live in Martinsburg, WV and drive a 104 mile commute everyday to Leesburg, VA. I turn this long and quiet commute into creative time, thinking up new jewelry ideas, designs and concepts. I have been teaching school for 21 years-- even though I said that I would never be a teacher since my parents were both educators! My parents are retired now, and when I grow up and retire, I hope to have lots of time to spend in my studio creating jewelry and other exciting projects.
Projects at FaveCrafts
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make a Spring Wreath
- Customize Your Knitting Review
- Potted Faux Flower Craft
- How to Make Wedding Invitations and Programs
- Felt Flower Corsage Craft
- Donald Duck Inspired Shirt
- Stars and Stripes Solar Table Lamps
- Elegant Simplicity Crochet Necklace
- Quilted Book Bag Pattern
- Flower Brooch T-Shirt Craft