Creative Effects in Sock Knitting: Op Art Socks
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Creative Effects in Sock Knitting: Op-Art Socks
By Stephanie van der Linden
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
As the cold wind blows and the freezing rain falls, there's just nothing better than curling up with a warm cup of coffee and a nice pair of warm handmade socks. Knitting your own socks is a fun way to spend an afternoon, and handmade socks always make wonderful gift ideas for any occasion. You can make them in any color you'd like and, with the fun patterns you'll find in Creative Effects in Sock Knitting, you won't believe what you can do with a pair of needles and some yarn.
With 19 amazing pattern techniques, Creative Effects in Sock Knitting is not for the casual knitter. These patterns are intricate and detailed, yet the result is truly rewarding. You'll learn how to make socks that look nothing like anything you've made before, and no one will believe that you made them yourself! The Yaacov pattern, for example, gives the illusion colored circles within circles, a true wonder to behold and something I never thought I could create by knitting.
Each pattern in this beautiful book comes with an easy-to-read chart, as well as a variety of photos to help you along the way. The instructions are easy to read and follow and you can easily make these socks in a variety of sizes to suit all kinds of feet. Additionally, black-and-white watches of all patterns are included so that readers may readily perceive the op-art illusions in each piece.
Dizzying and eye-catching, the patterns in Creative Effects in Sock Knitting challenge the average knitter and raise the bar for sock and pattern knitting.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Finding Your Motivation Coloring Book Review
- Matboard Magic and Foamboard Magic
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Card Making with Cricut
- New and Creative Paracord Crafts
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- My First Craft Book
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Steampunk Chic
- Quilt Boutique
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Colorful Christmas Angel Ornament
- Elegant Angel Christmas Ornament
- Easy Angel Christmas Ornament
- Serene Snowfall Tree Ornament
- Precious Pine Cone Ornament
- Spiral Beaded Christmas Trees
- Glittery Glass Mug
- Beautiful Bookshelf Decoupage
- Ostrich Egg Decoupage Art
- Easy Decoupage Wine Bottles