Creative Effects in Sock Knitting: Op Art Socks
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Creative Effects in Sock Knitting: Op-Art Socks
By Stephanie van der Linden
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
As the cold wind blows and the freezing rain falls, there's just nothing better than curling up with a warm cup of coffee and a nice pair of warm handmade socks. Knitting your own socks is a fun way to spend an afternoon, and handmade socks always make wonderful gift ideas for any occasion. You can make them in any color you'd like and, with the fun patterns you'll find in Creative Effects in Sock Knitting, you won't believe what you can do with a pair of needles and some yarn.
With 19 amazing pattern techniques, Creative Effects in Sock Knitting is not for the casual knitter. These patterns are intricate and detailed, yet the result is truly rewarding. You'll learn how to make socks that look nothing like anything you've made before, and no one will believe that you made them yourself! The Yaacov pattern, for example, gives the illusion colored circles within circles, a true wonder to behold and something I never thought I could create by knitting.
Each pattern in this beautiful book comes with an easy-to-read chart, as well as a variety of photos to help you along the way. The instructions are easy to read and follow and you can easily make these socks in a variety of sizes to suit all kinds of feet. Additionally, black-and-white watches of all patterns are included so that readers may readily perceive the op-art illusions in each piece.
Dizzying and eye-catching, the patterns in Creative Effects in Sock Knitting challenge the average knitter and raise the bar for sock and pattern knitting.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Leisure Arts Book Bundle
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Beginner Pack
- Red Heart Fancy Yarn Pack
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- American Quilter's Society Gift Card
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- Sizzix eclips2 DIY Electric Cutter Starter Kit
- Sheet Metal Bracelet DIY Craft Project
- Stenciled Metal Vase
- Structured Pattern Skirt DIY Craft Project