Where Women Create: Quilters
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Where Women Create: Quilters
By Jo Packham
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Every quilt tells a story...cherished fabric pieces, beloved team tee shirts, and other sewing supplies passed down from generation to generation can be woven together to create a meaningful and memorable work of art that showcases the history of a family. Even smaller sewing projects, like stuffed animals and framed fat quarter projects, can embody quilting techniques and can hold the same precious memories that motivate so many quilters to continue sewing piece after piece until their project is completed.
In her new book, Where Women Create: Quilters, author Jo Packham recounts the personal experiences of more than 20 quilt designers and artisans, who each share a love of textile art. Take a look inside their studio spaces, learn about their creative process, and discover the hidden stories and reasons behind some of their most beautiful and cherished designs.
One of the great things about this book is that it doesn't take up space providing the reader with patterns, rather it is literally bursting at the seams with amazing photographs, motivational quotes, and inspiring stories. There are several patterns (more than 80!) available online for readers to explore, and almost every designer featured in Where Women Create: Quilters has provided links to their blogs, stores, and web sites for futher exploration and inspiration.
I found myself particularly inspired by Amy Butler's spread. With her bright floral fabric motifs and creative project ideas that go above and beyond a quilt, her stories, quotes, and photos have inspired me to go out and try my hand at creating my own cushions, purses, and wall decor.
If you're looking for a little inspiration to help you get started creating your own quilt, or any craft for that matter, let the stories in Where Women Create: Quilters inspire and motivate you. Read about their successes, their failures, their favorite quotes, and their favorite project designs. This is not only a beautiful book to look at, but it will warm your soul and inspire you to craft your own family history, however it is you'd like to preserve it.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Thinker Dragon Coloring Page
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page
- Lion Zentangle Coloring Page
- Giraffe Zentangle Coloring Page
- Ladybug Zentangle Coloring Page
- Bald Eagle Zentangle Coloring Page