About Marie Segal
Marie has been working and playing with clay since 1971. She has a very extensive art training background and has taught oven bake clays for over 25 years all over the U.S. and overseas. Marie's fine art painting and fashion experience provide her with an insight for the use of color while her jewelry creation and design skills make her pieces durable and comfortable to wear.
Marie Segal's Auto-Biography
I have been creating art since I was old enough to hold crayons. I love color, it sings to me. I started on the road to art with my parents encouragement. They have always been supportive through my many trials and tribulations, even to this very day, Thank you, I love you!
At 14 I found ceramic clays, this was the key, the one, the all that is in my life, clay. I took other classes, photography, jewelry making and lost wax casting, commercial art, fine art, stained glass, weaving, crafts, and anything else that I could get my hands on, everything I have learned comes in to play in my work, but I always come back to clay.
In 1979 I found oven bake clay, and that was the marriage of all of my loves, color, jewelry, and clay. The journey through this medium has been a long one and where I spend all of my time, it is my medium of my choice. In 1981, while raising our new family, my husband Howard and I started doing craft shows, street fairs, and swap meets to promote and sell our products. I have manufactured finished product to the wholesale and retail trade. At one point I had 18 employees and sold to Bullocks, Macy's, Nordstrom's, the Icing, and lots of other major stores at the time. I remember being the busiest I have ever been, having more money than I have ever had, and having no time or inclination to do more art or anything else. My work was in show rooms in New York and Los Angeles and I produced product lines 5 times a year. This is not always what it is cracked up to be. I learn things by going through them, at least that is the way I learn them best.
In the many changes I have made with this medium, it is time to make another, a time to be all I can be for myself and my family and not for another company or person. All of the pieces you see on my web site are made by me, with my own two hands, my heart and my soul, and are one of a kind.
Marie's Projects at FaveCrafts
Main Website: http://www.mariesegal.com
Blog: Art from my Heart
Online Store: http://www.clayfactory.net/
CafePress: Marie Segal
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hemp Cord
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Country Christmas Pine Trees
- Charming Royal Hexagon Tea Towel
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel Notebook
- Custom Canvas Wall Accent
- Felt Flower Book Hugger Bookmark
- 80s Style Painted Tees