Set the mood for a sunset beach party with this Beachside Votive holder from Diamond Tech. These glass votive holders are easy to make and also make great party favors for a beach-themed celebration...plus candles are great at keeping bugs away!
- Generation Green (g2) Bottle Cutter
- 3 glass bottles (that will nest into one another)
- String or cord (to wrap around the top of the cut bottles)
- White Sand
- Beach Glass (Small)
- Shells (Tiny)
- Tea Light Candle
- White Glue
- E6000 Glue
- Read and carefully following the instructions contained within the Generation Green (g2) bottle cutter manual.
- Cover the work area with craft or newspaper.
- Choose three bottles of varying size diameters. This project calls for nesting the bottles to create a tiered votive. Measure from the bottom up on each bottle the following measurements. (A Sharpie works well to mark the glass.)
- Note: Any combination of bases that will nest and tier in height can be substituted.
- Using the bottle cutter, score and break bottles where indicated.
- Smooth the rough edges as instructed in the bottle cutter manual.
- Using string or thin cording wrap around the top portion of each cut bottle 3 times, then cut. Soak each strand in white glue until saturated. Wrap the strings around the top of each cut bottle and allow glue to dry until hardened.
- Squeeze a dollop of E6000 into the center of the largest base. Insert the second base and press down. Twist so that the seams of the cord/string line up on one below it. Repeat this process and insert the last base.
- Once the glue has completely dried. Fill tiers with white sand, beach glass, and tiny shells.
- Insert a small tea light candle into the top tier and let the glow fill the room with warm seaside dreams.