Bridesmaid Tote Bag
By: Sarah Forhan for Consumer Crafts
Make a tote bag for the people that are going to be by your side at your wedding. This bridesmaid tote bag from Sarah Forhan for Consumer Crafts is a great little gift to show your appreciation for those who are going to be there on your big day.
- Bridesmaid Tote Bag or the Maid of Honor Tote Bag
- Darice Rhinestone Setter
- Hot Fix Rhinestones
- Quilting Pencil or Chalk
- Begin by ironing the canvas tote bag. I know everyone hates to iron but the bag is impossible to work with when it comes right out of the package. You will be thankful that the bag is ironed when you are drawing your design on.
- Next, add your artwork to the front of the canvas tote bag. There are several ways to do this, pick the one that best suits you. You can use stencils to draw, trace or print an image onto computer paper or trace it onto tracing paper. Lay the paper onto the canvas bag, where you want your image to be. Next, take a ballpoint pen or similar type object and trace the outline of the image onto the canvas (pressing down hard but not too hard that the pen goes through the paper). When you remove the paper the outline of the image will slightly be indented into the canvas. Next, take the quilters pencil and trace the indented outline. (This method works best on canvas, fleece, or heavy cotton.
- Using the Darice Rhinestone Setter and the Hot Fix Rhinestones begin to attach the rhinestones along the chalk outline.
- Continue adding rhinestones, use different size rhinestones for texture and interest. The clear rhinestones are 4 mm and the pink rhinestones are 5 mm.
- Attach ribbon to the handles to keep the bag closed. I also added a few rhinestones to the ribbon for some extra fun. Fill the bag with some goodies and give this handmade gift to your Bridesmaids!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!