Valentine Amigurumi Heart
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Crochet a heart-shaped toy this Valentine's Day. Your Valentine is sure to love this cute little heart. This valentine crochet pattern is also great for kids of all ages. This little love bug is easy to make and fun to give to those you love. If you're looking for easy crochet patterns and want to make something a little different, this is the perfect project for you to make. The pink body is certainly unique, but the curly hair on top makes this heart a true standout. Kids will love playing with this crochet toy and adults will appreciate the fine craftsmanship and hard work. Make one for your favorite person and another for a worthy little guy or girl.
- 1 skein Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Raspberry
- 1 skein Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Magenta
- 4mm [US G-6] crochet hook
- Split lock stitch marker
- Yarn needle
- Pipe cleaners
- Poly fill
- Buttons or google eyes
Gauge: 9 sts = 2”; 10 rows = 2” in sc rnds. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
When it comes to Valentine's Day craft ideas, you shouldn't stop with handmade gifts. Make cards, decor and more with 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More. This free eBook is filled with easy craft projects, homemade greeting cards, free patterns and so much more. Download a copy today - it's free!
Work in continuous rnds without joining. Place a marker between last and first sc of rnd; move marker up each rnd.
Special Abbreviation: Sc3tog = [draw up a loop in next sc] 3 times, yarn over and draw through all 4 loops on hook – 2 sc decreased.
Rnd 1: 6 Sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Rnd 2: [3 Sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc] twice—10 sc. Place a marker in the center stitch of each 3-sc group to indicate each side.
Rnd 3: Sc in next sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 3 sc—14 sc.
Rnd 4: Sc in next 2 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 6 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc—18 sc.
Rnd 5: Sc in next 3 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 8 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 5 sc—22 sc.
Rnd 6: Sc in next 4 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 10 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 6 sc—26 sc.
Rnd 7: Sc in next 5 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 12 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 7 sc—30 sc.
Rnd 8: Sc in next 6 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 14 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 8 sc—34 sc.
Rnd 9: Sc in next 7 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 16 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 9 sc—38 sc.
Rnd 10: Sc in next 8 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 18 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 10 sc—42 sc.
Rnds 11-14: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 15: [Ch 1, skip next 2 sc, sc in next 8 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 8 sc] twice—38 sc.
Rnd 16: [Working over the ch-1 of rnd below, slip st in first skipped stitch on rnd below, sc in next 7 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 7 sc] twice—34 sc.
Rnd 17: [Slip st in same sc as before, sc in next 6 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 6 sc] twice—26 sc.
Rnd 18: [Slip st in 2nd skipped sc on Rnd 15, sc in next 5 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 5 sc] twice—22 sc.
Rnd 19: [Slip st in same sc as before, sc in next 4 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 4 sc] twice; slip st in next slip st—18 sc. Fasten off.
Arms (Make 2)
Rnd 1: 5 Sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Rnds 2-8: Sc in each sc around. Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.
Legs (Make 2)
Rnd 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Rnds 2-10: Sc in each sc around—6 sc.
Rnd 11: 2 Sc in each sc around—12 sc.
Rnd 12: Sc in each sc around—12 sc. Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.
Stuff Heart with poly fill. Weave top opening closed, matching stitches. Insert pipe cleaners into arms and legs for more stability; cut off excess pipe cleaner if necessary.
Sew on arms and legs as desired (We attached the arms on Rnd 10).
Join yarn in first stitch at top of Heart in the “seam”; * ch 15, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 3 sc in each ch to end, slip st in next st on Heart; repeat from * across. Fasten off. If desired, you can make the curly hair different lengths by more or less chains.
Glue on buttons or google eyes or stitch with different color yarn. A mouth can also be stitched.
What guy wouldn't want a cute amigurumi heart? DIY the perfect gift with the free projects and patterns featured in 72 Valentine's Day Ideas for Boyfriend. You'll find gifts for tree-huggers, coffee lovers and even chocoholic. Save yourself a trip to the mall and make something your guy will really appreciate.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Heart Felt Ornaments Tutorial
- Pink and Red Crocheted Hearts
- Crochet Valentine Shawl
- Scrapbook Valentine's Day Gift
- 72 Valentine's Day Ideas for Boyfriend
- Valentine Chocolates
- Crocheted Heart Headband
- Custom Couple Silhouettes
- 32 Valentines Crafts for Adults: Making Valentine Crafts for Adults
- 63 Valentines Heart Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Thinker Dragon Coloring Page
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page
- Lion Zentangle Coloring Page
- Giraffe Zentangle Coloring Page
- Ladybug Zentangle Coloring Page
- Bald Eagle Zentangle Coloring Page