Textured Valentine's Day Card With Scrap Papers
By: Alyice Edrich for The Dabbling Mum
Make a statement with this Textured Valentine's Day Card With Scrap Papers from Alyice Edrich. Homemade Valentine's Day Cards are a cheap yet meaningful way to show you care.
- 5x7 sheet of scrap paper
- Red tissue paper
- Acrylic paint: blue, green, red, yellow
- Glitter flakes
- Small round brush
- Old book
- Mod Poge
- Paint Brush
- Dried wipes
- Cut paper into a 5x7 sheet.
- Pick several colors of acrylic paint and paint the background.
- While the paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter flakes over the it and let dry.
- Use a small round sponge and make dots in the sky.
- Tear pages out of an old book.
- Tear one of the pages into the shape of a tree trunk, then create tree limbs that extend out of the tree.
- Use Mod Podge to adhere the tree to the right side of the paper and let dry.
- Tear pages into non-linear shapes, then create a hill on the bottom left side of the paper. Coming out of that hill, create a small trunk for a bush.
- Use Mod Podge to adhere the hills and bush to the paper and let dry.
- Glue a large doily in the open space above the bush's trunk and let dry.
- Fold the red tissue paper into an accordion then draw a half heart up and down the accordion.
- Cut out the heart shapes then unfold the accordion to discover several, same-sized hearts.
- Using the hearts as leaves and ground flowers, glue the hearts to the paper using Mod Podge.
- Sketch tiny birds on the dried wipes, cut them out, and glue them to the paper; on the ground, in the bush, and on the tree limbs and let dry.
- Paint the tree trunk, the bush, the birds, and the hearts with acrylic paints and let dry.
- In the center of the bush, write “love”, or some other word of endearment.
- Write your recipient’s family names on the birds.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!