For parents who have heard the question, "When is Halloween?" from their children one too many times, this Halloween craft idea will offer a decorative and fun solution to the count down.
- Foam brush
- Mod podge
- Wood blocks
- Halloween scrapbook paper
- Piece of sandpaper
- Number decals
- Quote decals
- The first step is to take your blocks and apply a thin layer of mod podge with your foam brush directly onto the wood and then place a piece of scrapbook paper on it. Do this to all of the sides. The rectangle piece will have the same piece of paper on both of the small sides. Every other side will be a different print of Halloween paper.
- Then take the piece of sandpaper and your blocks and hold them at an angle to the sand paper which you have set down and rub the corner to distress the edges of the paper and let the block show through.
- Do this to all of the sides.
- Then apply the number decals. You want 1,2,3,9,8,7, on one block and 0,1,2,,4,5,6 on the other.
- Then apply a quote decal on each of the long rectangle sides.
- Then take your foam brush and your mod podge and put a thin layer over all of the sides of the blocks.
- Let it dry completely, Stack it up, Tie it together with the ribbon.
- And there you have it! It counts down from 31!
- There are 4 different sayings at the bottom that you can choose to show.
- The finished size is 3 inches by 3 inches.
- What are you waiting for? Go make yourself a countdown already!
And yes of course, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are on their way! You'll see them later this week!