Decorate three keepsake boxes with bright glazes and add a bit of sparkle with crystals and glitter. These projects from I Love to Create make wonderful holiday gifts or gift boxes, or work well as twinkling home accents. Store your rings in one of these boxes or display on your work desk.
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™ 23540 Gold Fine
- Home Decor Bisque Designs
22679 Slanted Heart Box 5" x 5.25" x 3"
22680 Slanted Diamond Box 7" x 5" x 3"
22682 Slanted Round Box 5.5" x 5.5" x 3"
- Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
CN 074 Really Red
CN 263 Dark Grape
CN 312 Bright Ginger
- Crystals™ Glazes CR 915 Night Frost
- Liquid Fusion™ Clear Urethane Glue
- Brush Cleaner
- French Dimensions™
FD 258 Pure White
FD 266 French Papaya
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Fashion Art Tweezers™
- Mask 'n Peel®
- pure•brilliance™ Clear Glaze
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™ 23123 300 Clear Pack
- Palette knife
- Masking tape - ¾” wide
- Fine-tip permanent felt pen
- Water container
- Clay carbon paper
- Paper cup
- Lightly wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
- To transfer patterns onto the diamond and round box lids, place the clay carbon paper on lid with pattern on top, then trace over pattern with pen. Remove papers.
- Condition the No. 1 Liner and No. 6 Round with Brush Cleaner, then use as necessary to apply Mask ‘n Peel® to the entire design on the diamond box and the center design on the round box. Let dry.
- Referring to photo, apply masking tape to the top and bottom of round box lid, pressing tape down tightly to the ware.
- Use palette knife to stir Night Frost, being careful not to mix in crystals sitting at bottom of container. Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply two flowing coats of Night Frost to the bottom and top of the diamond box, allowing the color to dry thoroughly between coats. Before applying the third coat, stir Night Frost again, making sure to stir crystals into the rest of the glaze. After the third coat is applied, allow it to lose its sheen but not dry completely and remove the Mask ‘n Peel® from the lid.
- Clean up any uneven glaze on the masked areas.
- Pour a puddle of Bright Ginger onto a piece of foil. Using the No. 1 Liner, fill in the design on diamond box with three coats of Bright Ginger, letting dry between coats.
- Pour needed amount of Dark Grape into a paper cup. On the Round Box, apply three coats of Dark Grape to the box bottom and lid, allowing the color to dry between coats. After the third coat has lost its sheen, remove the masking tape and the Mask ‘n Peel® from the lid.
- Pour a puddle of Really Red onto foil. Using the No, 1 Liner or the No. 6 Round as needed, fill in the remaining areas on the round lid with three flowing coats of Really Red, allowing the color to dry between coats.
- Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply three flowing coats of Really Red to the heart box bottom and lid, allowing the color to dry between coats.
- Referring to photo, use the fine-tip permanent felt pen to mark off dots on the round lid and heart lid where crystals are shown.
- Thoroughly shake and mix each French Dimensions™ color. Apply French Papaya to the round box lid where indicated in photo. Apply the Pure White to the dots on the heart box lid. Allow both colors to dry.
- Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply one flowing coat of Pure Brilliance™ to the entire round box and heart box. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
- On a piece of foil, use the palette knife to mix a puddle of Liquid Fusion™ with Gold Fine Jewel Fashion Glitter. Use the Liner brush to apply glitter to the designs on each lid. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Working in small sections at a time, add a dot of glue to areas shown on each box and use Fashion Art Tweezers to place a clear crystal in glue. Let dry.