This cool little tin from Delta Creative is perfect for storing and organizing everything from coupons to jewelry. Practice your stenciling and make a funky handmade gift for a friend or family member (great Mother's Day gift!) with this cool painting project.
- Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint:
- Black 2506
- Blue Bayou 2588
- Tomato Spice 2098
- White 2505
- Green Tea 2584
- Delta Ceramcoat® Metal Primer 07 010 0202
- Delta Ceramcoat® Exterior/Interior Varnish- Satin 07 003 0200
- Delta Stencil Mania Stencil of Daisies 97 072 0710
- Delta Paint & Toss Sponges 60 510 0008
- Surface from Provo Craft (www.provocraft.com)
- Large Top Loading Tin #28-2694
- Loew Cornell La Corneille Brushes (www.loewcornell.com)
- 10/0 Liner Series 7350C
- 1/2” and 3/4” Glaze/Wash Series 7550C
- Water basin
- Palette paper
- Paper towels
- Low-tack tape
- (Optional) Black permanent marker
Click Here To Download Pattern.
- Using the 3/4” brush apply one smooth even coat of Metal Primer to the entire outside of the tin. Let dry.
- Using the 3/4” brush apply 2 smooth even coats of Green Tea to the entire outside of the tin. Let dry.
- Measure and find the center point on each side of the tin. Lightly mark with pencil.
- Position the large daisy in the center of the back panel and tape in place.
- Pour puddles of Blue Bayou and White out on your palette. Using the small end of a sponge dip one side into the blue and the other in white. Tap on the palette to slightly blend the colors and remove any excess paint.
- Start at the outside edge of the stencil and work towards the center. Pounce the sponge up and down over the open areas of the stencil keeping the blue towards the outside. Remove stencil and repeat on each side of the tin.
- In-between the blue daisies stencil smaller white daisies using the same technique as above.
- Mask off the petals around the center of the largest daisy and stencil dots of Tomato Spice between the daisies, refer to photo.
- Using the 10/0 liner and thinned Black loosely outline each petal and add a swirl or dashes to embellish the center of each flower. If you are not comfortable using a liner brush use the permanent marker.
- Using the 1/2” brush paint the turned edge with Tomato Spice. Let Dry.
- Finish with 2 to 3 coats of varnish. Enjoy!