Makin' Bacon Scarf
By: Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Here's a scarf that's truly bacon inspired. For this adorable knit craft, follow the simple pattern and you'll love the results. Enjoy your Makin' Bacon Scarf this winter!
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- STITCH NATION by Debbie Stoller™ “Alpaca Love™”:
2 balls 3920 Ruby A, 1 ball 3101 Vanilla B.
- Circular Knitting Needle: 5mm [US 8] 36”.
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4” in ripple pattern.
Check your gauge: Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
With A, cast on 272 sts.
Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: K1, purl across to last st, k1.
Row 3: K1, *[k2tog] 3 times, [yo, k1] 6 times, [k2tog] 3 times;
repeat from * across to last st, k1.
Row 4: Knit.
Repeat Rows 1–4, changing color as in following color sequence:
Work 8 more rows with A (for a total of 12 A-colored rows), [4
rows with B, 4 rows with A] 2 times, 4 rows with B. Bind off.
Weave in ends. Steam block gently, if desired.
The scarf is worked from long edge to long edge. Work back and forth on circular needle, as if working on straight needles.
The stitch pattern creates ripples across the fabric. After several row repeats, 15 ripples should be apparent.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid