Makin' Bacon Scarf
By: Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Here's a scarf that's truly bacon inspired. For this adorable knit craft, follow the simple pattern and you'll love the results. Enjoy your Makin' Bacon Scarf this winter!
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- STITCH NATION by Debbie Stoller™ “Alpaca Love™”:
2 balls 3920 Ruby A, 1 ball 3101 Vanilla B.
- Circular Knitting Needle: 5mm [US 8] 36”.
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4” in ripple pattern.
Check your gauge: Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
With A, cast on 272 sts.
Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: K1, purl across to last st, k1.
Row 3: K1, *[k2tog] 3 times, [yo, k1] 6 times, [k2tog] 3 times;
repeat from * across to last st, k1.
Row 4: Knit.
Repeat Rows 1–4, changing color as in following color sequence:
Work 8 more rows with A (for a total of 12 A-colored rows), [4
rows with B, 4 rows with A] 2 times, 4 rows with B. Bind off.
Weave in ends. Steam block gently, if desired.
The scarf is worked from long edge to long edge. Work back and forth on circular needle, as if working on straight needles.
The stitch pattern creates ripples across the fabric. After several row repeats, 15 ripples should be apparent.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Chopstick Bags
- Boho Tassel DIY Necklace
- Upcycled Watch Face DIY Earrings
- Sea Stone DIY Bracelet
- Ikea Tarva Dresser Makeover with Fabric Lined Drawers
- Sushi Bling
- Inside Out Movie-Themed Shoes
- Polka Dot Little Girls' Apron
- Simple and Elegant Hexagon Art Projects
- Lucky Hat Centerpiece