By: Coats Design Team
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make a beautiful shawl like this from Red Heart Yarn. The bright pink color is beautiful and always you to wear it any time of year. It's for a more experienced knitter. The flower embellishment is the perfect finishing touch.
Shawl measures 12” x 36”.
- RED HEART® “Shimmer™”: 1 skein 1715 Hot Pink.
- Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7].
- Stitch markers, yarn needle.
- GAUGE: 22 sts = 4”; 25 rows = 4” in Lace stitch. 18 sts = 4”; 25 rows = 4” in Stockinette stitch. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Lace Stitch (multiple of 14 sts + 1)
Row 1 (right side): * K1, yo, k5, yo, sk2p, yo, k5, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 2: Purl.
Row 3: * K1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo, p1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 4: P1, * [p3, k1] 3 times, p4; repeat from * across.
Row 5: * K1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, p1, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 6: P1, * p3, k1, [p2, k1] twice, p4; repeat from * across.
Row 7: * [K1, yo] twice, k2tog, p1, ssk, p1, k2tog, p1, ssk, yo, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 8: P1, * p4, [k1, p1] twice, k1, p5; repeat from * across.
Row 9: * K1, yo, k3, yo, sk2p, p1, k3tog, yo, k3, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 10: Purl.
Repeat Rows 1 – 10 for Lace Stitch Pattern.
Sk2p: Slip 1 st knitwise to right needle, knit next 2 sts together, pass the slip stitch over and off needle.
Ssk: Slip 2 sts knitwise one at a time to right needle, insert point of left needle into front of sts, and knit them together.
Cast on 23 stitches.
Work in Garter st for 6 rows.
Set up Beginning Shawl Pattern
Row 1 (right side): K4, yo, place marker, work Row 1 of
Lace stitch over next 15 sts, place marker, yo, k4–25 sts.
Row 2: K4, p1, work Row 2 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Row 3: K5, work Row 3 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Row 4: K4, p1, work Row 4 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Increase Row (right side): K4, yo, work across row in pattern as established to last 4 sts, yo, k4–27 sts.
Repeat Inc Row every fourth row 12 times more, working extra sts in St st–51 sts.
Work 3 rows in established pattern. Remove markers on last row, making note of Lace stitch pattern row.
Setup Center Shawl Pattern
Next Row (right side): K4, yo, place marker, continue
Lace stitch over next 43 sts, place marker, yo, k4–53 sts.
Continue in pattern as established, working Lace stitch over center 43 sts, repeat Inc Row every fourth row 4 times more, working extra sts in St st.–61 sts.
Work win established pattern until piece measures 24½” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row.
Next (Dec) Row: K4, yo, k3tog, work across row in pattern as established to last 7 sts, k3tog, yo, k4–59 sts.
Repeat Dec Row every fourth row 2 times more–55 sts.
Work 3 rows in established pattern. Remove markers on last row.
Setup Shawl End Pattern
Next Row (right side): K4, yo, k3tog, k13, place marker, continue Lace stitch over center 15 sts, place marker, k13, k3tog, yo, k4–53 sts.
Continue in pattern as established, again working Lace stitch pattern over center 15 sts only, and extra sts in St st, repeat Dec Row every fourth row 15 times more. Remove markers as sts are decreased–23 sts.
Work in Garter st for 6 rows. Bind off loosely. Weave in yarn ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- It's A Boy Light-Up Card
- Monogrammed China Plate
- DIY Felt Flowers
- Free Happy Thoughts Printable Coloring Page + Video
- Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern
- Ahoy America DIY Wreath
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint Collection
- Fabric Creations Paints and Block Printing Stamps
- Boye NeedleMaster Interchangeable Needle System
- How to Sew Knits Without a Serger