Knit Moebius Wrap
By: Marilyn Losee for Caron
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The knit moebius wrap is a simple pattern for a sophisticated shawl to wear this winter. If you're looking for a free, online knit shawl/wrap pattern that's as stylish as it is practical, you'll love this one with its unique twist front detail.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Finished Measurements: Wrap measures 21”/53.5cm wide x 40”/101.5cm long measured along wrap's edge
- Caron International's Dazzleaire (80% Soft Acrylic/20% nylon, 3 oz/85 g,
- 155yds/141m): 6oz/170g
- Shown in: #0007 Linen
- One pair size U.S. 15 (10 mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Gauge: In Stockinette stitch, 11 sts and 14 rows = 4”/10 cm.
- slk = slip first stitch knitwise
- slp = slip first stitch purlwise
Row 1: *K8, p8; rep from * across.
Row 2: *K8, p8; rep from * across.
- Rep Rows 1 and 2 for patt.
- The first stitch of every row is always slipped to give the edges a slight curl.
- The entire piece is knit in one long rectangle and twisted when finishing before sewing together.
CO 56 sts very loosely.
Row 1: Slk, k7, *p8, k8; rep from * across.
Row 2: Slp, p7, *k8, p8; rep from * across.
Rep Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 40”.
Join the two narrow edges, giving the rectangle a half twist creating a moebius.
- Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Summer Bookmark Coloring Pages
- Summer Lovin' Coloring Page
- Floral Web Coloring Page
- Candy Jar Coloring Page
- Motivational Mandala Coloring Pages
- Grateful and Blessed Coloring Page
- Cup of Tea Coloring Page
- Vintage Typewriter Coloring Page
- Stencil Ease Vintage Design DIY Side Table Video
- Valentine's Day Heart Box