Knit Moebius Wrap
By: Marilyn Losee for Caron
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The knit moebius wrap is a simple pattern for a sophisticated shawl to wear this winter. If you're looking for a free, online knit shawl/wrap pattern that's as stylish as it is practical, you'll love this one with its unique twist front detail.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Finished Measurements: Wrap measures 21”/53.5cm wide x 40”/101.5cm long measured along wrap's edge
- Caron International's Dazzleaire (80% Soft Acrylic/20% nylon, 3 oz/85 g,
- 155yds/141m): 6oz/170g
- Shown in: #0007 Linen
- One pair size U.S. 15 (10 mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Gauge: In Stockinette stitch, 11 sts and 14 rows = 4”/10 cm.
- slk = slip first stitch knitwise
- slp = slip first stitch purlwise
Row 1: *K8, p8; rep from * across.
Row 2: *K8, p8; rep from * across.
- Rep Rows 1 and 2 for patt.
- The first stitch of every row is always slipped to give the edges a slight curl.
- The entire piece is knit in one long rectangle and twisted when finishing before sewing together.
CO 56 sts very loosely.
Row 1: Slk, k7, *p8, k8; rep from * across.
Row 2: Slp, p7, *k8, p8; rep from * across.
Rep Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 40”.
Join the two narrow edges, giving the rectangle a half twist creating a moebius.
- Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Colorful Christmas Angel Ornament
- Elegant Angel Christmas Ornament
- Easy Angel Christmas Ornament
- Serene Snowfall Tree Ornament
- Precious Pine Cone Ornament
- Spiral Beaded Christmas Trees
- Glittery Glass Mug
- Beautiful Bookshelf Decoupage
- Ostrich Egg Decoupage Art
- Easy Decoupage Wine Bottles