Knit Moebius Wrap
By: Marilyn Losee for Caron
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The knit moebius wrap is a simple pattern for a sophisticated shawl to wear this winter. If you're looking for a free, online knit shawl/wrap pattern that's as stylish as it is practical, you'll love this one with its unique twist front detail.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Finished Measurements: Wrap measures 21”/53.5cm wide x 40”/101.5cm long measured along wrap's edge
- Caron International's Dazzleaire (80% Soft Acrylic/20% nylon, 3 oz/85 g,
- 155yds/141m): 6oz/170g
- Shown in: #0007 Linen
- One pair size U.S. 15 (10 mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Gauge: In Stockinette stitch, 11 sts and 14 rows = 4”/10 cm.
- slk = slip first stitch knitwise
- slp = slip first stitch purlwise
Row 1: *K8, p8; rep from * across.
Row 2: *K8, p8; rep from * across.
- Rep Rows 1 and 2 for patt.
- The first stitch of every row is always slipped to give the edges a slight curl.
- The entire piece is knit in one long rectangle and twisted when finishing before sewing together.
CO 56 sts very loosely.
Row 1: Slk, k7, *p8, k8; rep from * across.
Row 2: Slp, p7, *k8, p8; rep from * across.
Rep Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 40”.
Join the two narrow edges, giving the rectangle a half twist creating a moebius.
- Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Chain Links Pillow
- Felt Succulent Banner
- Nautical Knock-off Bracelet Pattern
- Jazzed Up Friendship Bracelet
- Striking Standard T-Shirt Pattern
- Fishtail Circle Skirt Pattern
- 1 Seam T-Shirt Bag
- Half Hour Jumbo Tote
- To the Park Sewn Bag
- Evolution Advanced Die-Cutting/Embossing Machine