Classic Patterned Sweater
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
These classic pullover sweaters from Bernat Yarns are unique with their texture and pattern. Get them done in time for the wintery weather!
- Bernat® Jacquards
- (100 g/3.5 oz; 184 m/201 yds)
- His Version: #13040 (Jet Jacquard)
- Her Version: #13427 (Geranium Jacquard)
- 5 (5-6-6-7-8) balls
- Knitting Needles: sizes 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) and 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 2 st holders.
28/34 (36/38-40/42-44/46- 48/54-56/62) ins [71/86.5 (91.5/96.5-101.5/106.5- 112/117-122/137-142/157.5) cm].
35 (40-44-49-56-65) ins [89 (101.5-112-124.5-142-165) cm].
18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
**With smaller needles, cast on 78 (90-98-110-126-146) sts.
Work 1½ ins [4 cm] in (K2. P2) ribbing, ending with a WS row.
Change to larger needles and proceed in stocking st for 16 ins [40.5 cm] total length, ending with a purl row.
Shape armholes: Cast off 3 (4-6- 7-9-11) sts beg next 2 rows. 72 (82- 86-96-108-124) sts.**
Cont even until armhole measures 8 (8½-9-9-10-11) ins [20.5 (21.5- 23-23-25.5-28) cm], ending with a purl row.
Shoulders: Cast off 21 (25-27-31- 36-43) sts beg next 2 rows. Leave rem 30 (32-32-34-36-38) sts on a st holder.
Work from ** to ** as given for Back.
Cont even until armhole measures 5 (5-5-5½-6-7) ins [12.5 (12.5- 12.5-14- 15-18) cm], ending with a purl row.
Neck shaping: Next row: (RS). K27 (31-33-37-42-49). Turn. Leave rem sts on a spare needle.
Dec 1 st at neck edge on next 2 rows, then every following alt row to 21 (25-27-31-36-43) sts. Cont even until Front measures same as Back to beg of shoulder, ending with a purl row. Cast off.
With RS facing, slip next 18 (20-20- 22-24-26) sts onto a st holder. Join yarn to rem sts and knit to end of row. Work as given for left side.
With smaller needles cast on 38 (38- 42-42-46-46) sts.
Work 1½ ins [4 cm] in (K2. P2) ribbing, ending with WS row.
Change to larger needles and proceed in stocking st, inc 1 st at each end of needle on 5th and every following 4th (4th-4th-4th-2nd-2nd) row to 52 (62-76-76-56-80) sts, then following 6th (6th-6th-6th-4th- 4th) rows to 72 (76-82-82-90- 100) sts. Cont even for 18 (18-18- 19-19-19) ins [45.5 (45.5-45.5- 48-48-48) cm] total length, ending with a purl row. Cast off. Place markers on side edges 4 (6-8-8-10- 12) rows down from cast off edge.
Collar: Sew right shoulder seam.
With RS facing and smaller needles, pick up and knit 90 (94-94-102- 110-114) sts evenly around neck edge (including sts on holders). Work in (K2. P2) ribbing for 1½ ins [4 cm] for His Version or 7 ins [18 cm] for Her Version. Cast off in rib. Sew left shoulder and collar seam. Sew in sleeves placing rows above markers along armhole cast off sts to form square armholes.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl
- DIY Tutorial Copper Cushion
- DIY Tutorial Tassel Lanyard
- Big Bang Adult Coloring Page
- Perfect Profile Adult Coloring Page