Classic Patterned Sweater
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
These classic pullover sweaters from Bernat Yarns are unique with their texture and pattern. Get them done in time for the wintery weather!
- Bernat® Jacquards
- (100 g/3.5 oz; 184 m/201 yds)
- His Version: #13040 (Jet Jacquard)
- Her Version: #13427 (Geranium Jacquard)
- 5 (5-6-6-7-8) balls
- Knitting Needles: sizes 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) and 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 2 st holders.
28/34 (36/38-40/42-44/46- 48/54-56/62) ins [71/86.5 (91.5/96.5-101.5/106.5- 112/117-122/137-142/157.5) cm].
35 (40-44-49-56-65) ins [89 (101.5-112-124.5-142-165) cm].
18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
**With smaller needles, cast on 78 (90-98-110-126-146) sts.
Work 1½ ins [4 cm] in (K2. P2) ribbing, ending with a WS row.
Change to larger needles and proceed in stocking st for 16 ins [40.5 cm] total length, ending with a purl row.
Shape armholes: Cast off 3 (4-6- 7-9-11) sts beg next 2 rows. 72 (82- 86-96-108-124) sts.**
Cont even until armhole measures 8 (8½-9-9-10-11) ins [20.5 (21.5- 23-23-25.5-28) cm], ending with a purl row.
Shoulders: Cast off 21 (25-27-31- 36-43) sts beg next 2 rows. Leave rem 30 (32-32-34-36-38) sts on a st holder.
Work from ** to ** as given for Back.
Cont even until armhole measures 5 (5-5-5½-6-7) ins [12.5 (12.5- 12.5-14- 15-18) cm], ending with a purl row.
Neck shaping: Next row: (RS). K27 (31-33-37-42-49). Turn. Leave rem sts on a spare needle.
Dec 1 st at neck edge on next 2 rows, then every following alt row to 21 (25-27-31-36-43) sts. Cont even until Front measures same as Back to beg of shoulder, ending with a purl row. Cast off.
With RS facing, slip next 18 (20-20- 22-24-26) sts onto a st holder. Join yarn to rem sts and knit to end of row. Work as given for left side.
With smaller needles cast on 38 (38- 42-42-46-46) sts.
Work 1½ ins [4 cm] in (K2. P2) ribbing, ending with WS row.
Change to larger needles and proceed in stocking st, inc 1 st at each end of needle on 5th and every following 4th (4th-4th-4th-2nd-2nd) row to 52 (62-76-76-56-80) sts, then following 6th (6th-6th-6th-4th- 4th) rows to 72 (76-82-82-90- 100) sts. Cont even for 18 (18-18- 19-19-19) ins [45.5 (45.5-45.5- 48-48-48) cm] total length, ending with a purl row. Cast off. Place markers on side edges 4 (6-8-8-10- 12) rows down from cast off edge.
Collar: Sew right shoulder seam.
With RS facing and smaller needles, pick up and knit 90 (94-94-102- 110-114) sts evenly around neck edge (including sts on holders). Work in (K2. P2) ribbing for 1½ ins [4 cm] for His Version or 7 ins [18 cm] for Her Version. Cast off in rib. Sew left shoulder and collar seam. Sew in sleeves placing rows above markers along armhole cast off sts to form square armholes.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Merry Tree Adult Coloring Page
- Easy Christmas Paper Sock
- Pom Pom DIY Christmas Tree
- Merry Popsicle Stick Ornament
- Paper Snowman DIY Ornaments
- Easy Pinecone Christmas Craft
- Glowing Paper DIY Christmas Tree
- Christmas Printable Cootie Catchers
- Cityscape Adult Coloring Page
- Pine Cone DIY Wreath