Little Red Slippers
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
These knit mary janes are adorable for babies 3-18 months. Make them ruby red for the little diva in your life, from Patons!
- Patons Astra (50 g/1.75 oz)\
- (Red) 1 1 ball
- Knitting needles: size 3.25 mm (U.S. 3) or size needed to obtain tension.
- 2 buttons.
To fit 3-6 mos (12-18 mos)
26 sts and 36 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
M2 = (Make 2 sts). (K1. yfwd. K1) all in next st.
The instructions are written for smaller size. If changes are necessary for larger size the instructions will be written thus ( ).
Cast on 45 (55) sts.
1st row: (WS). Knit.
2nd row: Inc 1 st in first st. K21 (26). M2. K20 (25). Inc 1 st in next st. K1. 49 (59) sts.
3rd and alt rows: Knit.
4th row: Inc 1 st in first st. K23 (28). M2. K22 (27). Inc 1 st in next st. K1. 53 (63) sts.
6th row: Inc 1 st in first st. K25 (30). M2. K24 (29). Inc 1 st in next st. K1. 57 (67) sts.
8th row: Inc 1 st in first st. K27 (32). M2. K26 (31). Inc 1 st in next st. K1. 61 (71) sts.
9th row: Knit.
Size 12-18 mos only: 10th row: Inc 1 st in first st. K34. M2. K33. Inc 1 st in next st. K1. 75 sts.
11th row: Knit.
Both sizes: Work 8 rows even in stocking st ending with RS facing for next row.
Shape instep: 1st row: (RS). K35 (43). Sl1K. Turn. Leave rem sts onto spare needle.
2nd row: P2togtbl. P7 (9). P2tog. Sl1P. Turn.
3rd row: K2tog. K7 (9). Sl1. K1. psso. Sl1K. Turn.
Rep last 2 rows 1 (2) time(s) more.
Next row: As 2nd row.
Next row: K2tog. K7 (9). Sl1. K1. psso. Knit to end of row.
Work 2 rows garter st (knit every row) across all sts.
Cast off knitways (WS).
Sew back and sole seam.
Strap: Cast on 5 sts and noting that first row is WS, work 1½ ins [4 cm] in garter st ending with RS facing for next row.
Next row: K2. yfwd. K2tog (buttonhole). K1.
Knit 3 rows even.
Next row: K2tog. K1. K2tog. 3 sts.
Next row: K3.
Next row: Sl1K. K2tog. psso. Fasten off.
Sew strap in position. Sew button to correspond to buttonhole.
Check out our collection of 14 Crochet and Knit Slipper Patterns to get some more ideas.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Darling Knitted Baby Uggs
- Little Red Slippers
- Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Simply Adorable Baby Booties and Matching Hat with PomPom
- Moccasin Style Baby Booties Pattern
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Thinker Dragon Coloring Page
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page
- Lion Zentangle Coloring Page
- Giraffe Zentangle Coloring Page
- Ladybug Zentangle Coloring Page
- Bald Eagle Zentangle Coloring Page