Cuddly Tea Cup
By: Julie Huston for Treasures Made from Yarn
Decorate your buffet with unbreakable china! This Cuddly Tea Cup is perfect for presenting gifts or holding potpourri. Simple crochet patterns make home decor easy and affordable!
- Worsted weight yarn, color of your choice
- Size 8 steel hook
- ch 2
- Row 1: 6sc in second sc from hook
- Row 2: 2 sc in each sc
- Row 3: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc*, around
- Row 4:*2 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 2 sc* around
- Row 5: ch2, 4dc is same stitch,skip 1, *sc in next st, sk 1, 5 dc in next stitch, sk 1,* around end with sc in the next stitch, join with ch 2 (6 ch 5 shells)
- Row 6:slip to 2nd dc,ch3, 4 dc in same stitch, *tr in sc, 5 dc in 3rd dc of shell.* repeat around end with tr in last sc, join
- Row 7:slip to 2nd dc,ch3, 6 dc in same stitch,*sc in tr, 7 dc in middle of shell* repeat end with sc in tr. Join
- Row 8:slip to 3nd dc,ch3, 6 dc in same stitch,*tr in sc, 7 dc in middle of shell* repeat end with tr in sc. join, ch 1, Turn
- Forming the handle: sc in tr, ch 10, sc around tr in row 6,ch 1, 15 sc in ch 10 loop, ch 3, sl in same sc, sc in loop, ch 3, sl in same sc, sc in loop, ch 3 sl in same sc. (14 sc and 3 sc with a picot)
- Final picot row along top of cup.
- *sc in each dc to 4th dc of 7dc shell, sc, ch 3, slip in same sc in 4th dc of 7 dc shell, sc to tr, sc, ch3, slip in same sc* repeat around, slip with sc at beginning of round. finish off.
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts