By: Yvette Rodriguez for Beadalon
This fun, free form necklace is made with fuchsia and jet colored beads and is a perfect everyday accessory.
- Eight Swarovski Tapered Beads, 3mm, Jet (A)
- Nine Swarovski Faceted Cubes, 4mm, Fuchsia (B)
- Thirty-six 2mm Beadalon Crimp Beads
- Two Beadalon Suede Cord Ends
- Two Beadalon Split Rings
- One Toggle Clasp
- 17” Beadalon Jewelry Cable, .094” diameter
- Beadalon Crimp Tool
- Beadalon Nipper Tool
- Beadalon Memory Wire Shear
- Pasco Fix Glue
- Cut 17” of Jewelry Cable using the Memory Wire Shear.
- Unravel one end of the jewelry cable by gently untwisting a strand apart.
- Unravel three single strands from the 17” cut cable. (The jewelry cable is made of six wavy wires around one straight wire)
- Leave one strand 17”, and use the Nipper tool to cut another strand to 16½” and the last strand to 16” lengths.
- Spacing the beads about 2½” apart, alternate the beads and hold them in place with a crimp bead. Secure the crimp bead with the Crimp tool.
- Once all three strands are beaded, glue all three ends together with the Pasco Fix Tool. (Tip: You can also string a crimp bead on all three strands to hold the wires in place while gluing.)
- When the glue has dried, attach a suede cord end. Fold over flaps to secure the three strands of wire together.
- Attach a jump ring and a half of the toggle clasp to the suede cord end.
- To complete the necklace, repeat steps #6-8 for the other three ends.