This easy project makes a great bag for kids to trick or treat with or for you to distribute candy to other costumed guests! All you need is a brown lunch bag, cardstock, stamps and a few other materials.
- Brown paper lunch sack
- Orange cardstock
- Large jack o’lantern rubber stamp and black stamp pad (or print a black and white drawing of a jack o’lantern onto your orange cardstock)
- Kreinik Teflon press cloth
- Kreinik Iron-on #16 Braid 6700, 6710, 6720
- Mini iron or household iron
- 1-inch Treasure Tape.
- Black magic marker (thin)
- Kreinik Custom Corder with weight
- Kreinik #16 Braid 005, 052F, 051F
- Hole punch
- Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Stamp the jack o’lantern image onto your cardstock or print it from a computer. Cut out. You will need two.
- Iron over the outline of the pumpkin using the orange iron-on braid: lay the thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon press cloth, and press for several second or until the thread adheres. Continue this way, working the design in sections.
- Use the 6720 iron-on braid to outline the eyes, nose, and mouth of the jack o’lantern.
- Adhere the decorated pumpkin images to the front of your bag using Treasure Tape.
- Write the words “Trick or Treat” using the black magic marker.
- Punch holes at the top of your bag to use for stringing the handles.
- Following the directions that come with the Custom Corder, make twisted cording out of the #16 Braid colors. Make two. String these through the holes in your bag, knotting the ends, to become handles.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.
For other party bags we suggest: glow in the dark candy bag and a pumpkin treats bag!