Spooky Ghost Door Hanger and Box
Spook your friends out this Halloween with a ghost box and door hanger. The wiggly eyes make you feel you're being watched. Reuse this decoration every year.
- Crafter's Acrylic
- DCA01 - White
- DCA47 - Black
- DCA49 - Bright Yellow
- DCA70 - Passionate Pink
- DCA72 - Purple Passion
- DCA85 - Wild Green
- DCA97 - Bright Orange
- Craft Twinkles
- DCT1 - Crystal
- DCT13 - Orange
- DCT15 - Purple
- DCT16 - Lime Green
- Americana Brushes
- DBL1000-B - Liner #0
- DBR2004-B - Round #4
- DBF3012-B - Shader #12
- DBDS5525-B - Deerfoot Stippler 1/4"
- Wood pumpkin or circle with wire and leaves
- Water container
- Primitive woodsy heart
- Paper towels
- Palette or foam plate
- Chalk pencil
- Iridescent excelsior
- Wiggly eyes
- White Fun Foam ghosts
- Wire cutters
- Black Fun Foam bats
- Hot glue gun
- Papier mache box with scalloped edge top
- Wood door hanger
- Use #12 shader brush and Bright Yellow to paint box inside and lid.
- Make wash using Purple Passion and a few drops of water. Load stippler brush with wash mixture. Blot brush on paper towel. Shade edges around all three ghosts. Stipple heart shape on ghosts' centers using small amount of Passionate Pink. Paint mouth using Black and liner brush. Adhere wiggly eyes on face.
- Use shader brush to paint box bottom Purple Passion and top Bright Orange. Let dry.
- Use #4 round brush and Wild Green to paint squiggly stripes around box bottom. Use handle end of 3/4" brush dipped in Purple Passion to dot big eyes around top sides. Let dry.
- Dip round brush handle end in Wild Green and dot inside Purple Passion dots on top. Use toothpick and Black to dot inside Wild Green dots, then dot with White.
- Apply Orange Twinkles around box top. Let dry. Repeat with Purple Twinkles on bottom and Lime Green Twinkles on stripes.
- Cut wire into three 6" pieces. Curl wire loosely around paint bottle and slide off. Stretch springs out slightly and hot glue one end to each ghost. Flatten out coil on other end so it will sit. Hot glue in place.
- Insert iridescent excelsior around ghosts in box. Bend ghosts to pose and fluff excelsior to resemble smoke.
- Stand lid on one side. Apply hot glue on inside bottom edge. Secure lid onto box bottom.
Ghost Door Hanger:
- Use shader brush and White to paint door hanger. Let dry.
- Trace and transfer ghost pattern onto hanger.
- Use shader brush and Purple Passion to paint around ghost. Use stippler brush and Purple Passion wash mix to paint soft edge around ghost. Stipple heart shape on the ghost and edges of bats using small amount of Passionate Pink.
- Use liner brush and Black to paint on face.
- Hot glue rhinestone eyes on bats.
- Paint pumpkin using Bright Yellow and Bright Orange.
- Paint Purple Twinkles on hanger and bats. Paint Crystal Twinkles on ghost. Paint pumpkin with Orange and Lime Green Twinkles.
- Cut three 3" pieces of wire. Wrap each piece around pencil and slide off. Hot glue one end to each bat and one to pumpkin. Adhere other ends to hanger.