Quick, easy Halloween costumes, like this Easy as Pizza Pie Costume from Heather Mann, are great for last-minute Halloween parties! Flavor your pizza costume what whatever toppings you desire!
- 1 Yard each of cream-colored and tan felt (72" wide)
- 1/4 Yard of dark red felt
- 1 Sheet each of black, brown, and green craft felt
- One piece of batting, 24x24"
- Sewing machine
- Hot glue gun
- Cut two triangles out of felt - one tan, one cream-colored; cut one triangle out of batting. My triangles were 18" wide and about 20" long. Adjust measurements to fit your costume wearer.
- Use a bowl to make a neck hole about 3" below the top of the pizza. You will cut a line straight down from the edge of the pizza and cut the hole out. The resulting tabs are the place where the bib will fasten.
- Sandwich batting and felt in the following order: batting on bottom, then tan crust piece face up, then cream-colored top piece face down. Sew around perimeter, leaving a 6" hole on the side of the pizza for turning.
- Turn right-side out, being sure to fully turn the bib pieces. Use a pencil to push corners out, if necessary. Fold 6" unsewn hole under, and topstitch closed. Topstitch around perimeter, if desired, and quilt across the pizza a couple lines if you want.
- Sew Velcro to bib tabs, with scratchy piece facing up on the right tab, and fuzzy piece facing down on the left tab.
- Now for the fun part! Toppings! Cut out your desired toppings. Our pizza was combo-style with pepperoni and veggies. Pepperoni: I traced a large bowl onto dark red felt for pepperoni. Olives: I traced a small saucer and a ramekin with chalk onto black felt to make olives. Mushrooms: I folded brown squares of felt in half and cut out mushroom shapes. Green Pepper: I went for diced green pepper and just cut squares of green felt.
- Hot glue toppings on.