Pine cone crafts are fun, easy, and most importantly, environmentally friendly! These pine cone glitter ballerinas from Art Glitter are a thrifty craft project you can do with pine cones that you find in the yard and lots of glitter.
- Small-medium sized pinecones
- Small Styrofoam balls
- Crepe paper streamers: aqua, light green and pink
- Tinsel garland: old fashioned silver
- Tinsel chenille stems: silver
- Lettered wording
- Acrylic paints: Flesh color
- Art Glitter: Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
- Art Glitter: Vintage Fine Glass Glitter #611 Antique Silver
- Art Glitter: Vintage Fine Glass Glitter #607 Cobalt Blue
- Art Glitter: Vintage Fine Glass Glitter #608 Red Damask
- Art Glitter: Vintage Fine Glass Glitter #613 Diamond Dust
- Gel pens: black and red
- Hot glue and hot glue sticks
- Glue Stick
- Paint brush
- Shiny card stock
- Millinery flowers
- Tiny pompoms
- Tiny pearl strands
Directions for Glittered Tinsel Pine Cones:
- Apply designer dries clear adhesive to the pinecone, then with a paint brush paint the adhesive onto all the edges.
- Next sprinkle some #611 antique silver glass glitter or # 613 diamond dust onto the pinecone, let dry, shake off excess.
Directions for Pinecone Tinsel Ballerinas:
- Apply designer dries clear adhesive to the pinecone. Then with a paintbrush, paint the adhesive onto all the edges.
- Next sprinkle some #611 antique silver glass glitter or # 613 diamond dust onto the pinecone, let dry, shake off excess and set aside.
- Paint Styrofoam balls w/flesh paint, let dry. Then draw a face onto them using gel pens, glue to top of pinecone.
- Cut 2 pieces of tinsel chenille stem measuring 4 inches each. Wrap one piece around pinecone, hot glue in place. Arch the next tinsel chenille stem and hot glue to the bottom of the pinecone.
- Begin embellishing your ballerinas with crepe paper, party hats, crowns, tinsel garland and tiny pompoms. For the hats and crowns, use cardstock, coated in either #607 cobalt blue or #608 red damask glass glitter.
- Try glittering your pinecones with other glass glitter colors
- Make a glittered pinecone wreath using Styrofoam wreath, fill in with pinecones, securing in place with hot glue, coat pinecones with glitter, fill in vacant spots with velvet leaves or floral berries coated in glitter.
- Hang glittered pinecones from a window using pretty ribbons, place battery candle on windowsill to see the glittered pinecones glow.