26 Ways to Craft with Egg Cartons
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Don't toss those egg cartons! They can be a huge help around your house. With these 26 Ways to Craft with Egg Cartons you'll be better organized in no time! These egg carton activities are also great for kids and family time.
- Use egg cartons to hold mini muffins or cupcakes.
- Cut the egg carton up so you have 12 individual containers. Use them to create your own checkers or chess game! It’s great for kids because they can decorate their own pieces.
- You can make luminaries by cutting up egg cartons and placing one shell over a fairy light. This is great for outdoor parties.
- Use egg cartons to store odds and ends, like paper clips, pins, buttons, etc. It’s a great way to organize your junk drawer.
- Glue the bottoms of 3 egg cartons together so you have a “bulletin board” that’s 6 containers by 6 containers. This is great for hanging up memos, pictures, etc.
- Create mini planters and give them away for a bridal/baby shower…or just use them to get your own seeds going!
- You can use an egg carton as a painter’s palette. It’s great because it keeps all the colors separated.
- Make a sewing kit for someone! Fill all the holes with necessities like pins, tape measure, needles, etc. It makes a great gift.
- You can use egg cartons to hold chocolate gifts. Cut the carton into individual cups and place one chocolate in each carton. Wrap with fabric or colorful plastic wrap for an instant party favor! And you don’t have to worry about the chocolate getting all over the wrapping!
- Make little shakers by filling one cup with beans and gluing or taping another cup on top of it. This is a great project for schools and day cares.
- You can cut the carton up into 12 cups and punch a hole in the center of each one. String a jingle bell onto a piece of thread and place both ends of the thread through the hole so the bell hangs in the cup like a Christmas bell. Kids can decorate the outside however they want! These makeshift bells look so cute on a Christmas tree.
- Turn the egg carton upside down and use it to hold your cake pops!
- Use egg cartons to store your Christmas ornaments. They stack nicely and will keep your most precious ornaments safe and protected.
- I use egg cartons to store my jewelry when I’m traveling. Necklaces and earrings stay tangle free!
And here are some great egg carton projects for anyone to try!:
- Decorative Egg Carton Eggs
- Egg Carton Chicks and Bunnies
- Egg Carton Jack o Lanterns
- Egg Carton Mask
- Egg Carton Snowman
- Egg Carton Kinara
- Treasure Chest
- Hanging Birdie Eggs
- Egg Crate Garden Starters
- Egg Carton Bugs
- Dots Candy Counting Game
- Egg O Math Game