Create this easy and dazzling Christmas craft using styrofoam and glitzy garlands. Take your Christmas party up a notch with these glamorous centerpieces. For more craft ideas, tips & projects please visit Creative Home Arts Club.
2 Garland trees:
- Two 12" craft foam cones
- Wrapping paper
- 3-4 ft. ribbon & sequin garland to coordinate with paper
- 1" sequins to coordinate with garland
- 3-4 ft. beaded garland in coordinating colors
- Two sets of 3 round beads in graduating sizes
- Optional: 1" round punch
- Craft foam shapes*: 9" cone, 4" ball
- Fabric fat quarter
- Scrap green fabric
- Flat round sequins to coordinate with fabric: 1", 3/4", 1/2"
- Round-headed straight pins in various colors
- 7/16" x 5" wooden dowel
- Red acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint to coordinate with fabric*
- 1" paintbrush
- Serrated kitchen knife
- Craft pins
- White craft glue
- Low-temp hot-melt glue gun & glue sticks
- Cover cone with paper. Trace and cut pattern from wrapping paper. Use white craft glue and craft pins to attach paper around cone. Fold down excess at top and glue in place. Option: For a more finished look, punch out one 1" circle from remaining paper and glue to top of cone.
- Add garland. Attach end of ribbon & sequin garland to top of cone with pins. Wind around cone to the bottom, pinning as you go to cover cone. Cut excess from end, being sure to tie off cut ends. Glue top and bottom ends securely with hot-melt glue.
- Fill in spaces. To fill in any blank spaces on cone, pin and glue on additional large sequins or garlands.
- Finish. Use hot-melt glue to attach a stack of three beads to top of cone.
- Preparation. Use serrated knife to cut 4" craft foam ball in half. Use pattern to cut out green fabric. Glue in place to cover one half. Set aside other half for a future project. Option: Paint one half-ball with green acrylic craft paint. Paint dowel with red acrylic craft paint. Set aside base and dowel to dry.
- Cover cone with fabric. Use pattern to cut out fabric of your choice. Leaving about 1/2" at top, wrap fabric around 9" craft foam cone and attach with white craft glue and craft pins. Fold, glue, and pin fabric to cover top of cone. Glue excess fabric to bottom of cone. For bottom, cut out a 3 1/2” circle of fabric. Fold in half and cut small hole in center of folded edge for dowel. Unfold fabric and glue to bottom of cone.
- Add base. Use hot glue to glue dowel into bottom of cone and center of base, leaving a 2 1/2" piece showing between pieces.
- Finish. Use straight pins to attach sequins as you like. Layer smaller sequins on top of larger sized sequins for interest.
For more craft ideas, tips & projects from the Creative Home Arts Club, be sure to visit http://creativehomeartsclub.com