This simple but pretty argyle frame will fit in with spring decor as well as Easter decor. Display pictures from an egg hunt all year round in this cheery frame.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO6 - Pineapple
- DAO23 - Peaches 'n Cream
- DAO31 - Baby Pink
- DAO42 - Baby Blue
- DA211 - Wisteria
- DA253 - Pistachio Mint
- DAS37 - Glamour Dust Crystal
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Foam plate
- 1" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- Graphite paper
- 9" x 11" unfinished wood frame with 5" x 7" opening
- Use 1" flat brush and Snow White to basecoat frame; let dry.
- Use Baby Blue to paint sides of frame; let dry.
- Transfer argyle pattern onto top and bottom border of frame, overlapping design as necessary to fit width.
- Use Pistachio Mint to paint area between two argyle borders.
- Referring to photo for placement of colors, use Baby Blue and Pineapple to paint alternate large diamond centers on borders. Let dry.
- Use Baby Pink to paint medium diamond centers; let dry.
- Use Wisteria to paint small diamonds where Baby Pink and Baby Blue diamonds overlap; let dry.
- Use Pistachio Mint to paint small diamonds where Pineapple and Baby Blue diamonds overlap; let dry.
- Use Peaches n' Cream to paint small diamonds where Pineapple and Baby Pink diamonds overlap; let dry.
- Refer to photo and use ruler and pencil to extend line upwards and off edges of frame following angles at top of large Baby Blue diamonds on bottom border. Repeat with bottom of Baby Blue diamonds on top border, to extend lines downward and off frame edges.
- Use White Americana Writer to trace over pencil lines and paint dotted lines for stitches over all large diamond edges. While wet, sprinkle with Glamour Dust; let dry.
- 12. Apply coat of Multi-Purpose Sealer over frame. Let dry.