Bring spring into your home with this beautiful Spring Bloom Birdhouse from Heartfelt Creations. You can use whatever colored flowers you'd like, but these pretty pink ones are just perfect for this craft! Birdhouse crafts like this one are best kept indoors.
- Decorative Butterfly-Border Die
- Decorative Layered Basket Die
- Posy Patch Die
- Posy Patch Flowers PreCut Set
- Rose Creations Shapeabilities
- Foliage Shapeabilities
- Decorative Chateau Gate Die
- Wooden birdhouse
- Delta Creamcoat acrylic paint (Dark Burnt Umber & Ivory)
- Folkart Crackle Medium
- Pattern Paper – Brown & Greed
- Pink cardstock
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Martha Stewart red Pigment Ink
- BoBunny timepiece jewels
- Paint entire birdhouse in brown; apply a thick coat of crackle medium around the walls of the birdhouse and with a coat of ivory paint. Make sure you allow each layer to dry completely; a heat gun can be used to speed up the process.
- Cut a 4” strip of brown paper and punch out enough border pieces to cover the roof, I used 16. Ink the edges and the sides of the birdhouse with vintage photo.
- Arrange the strips along the roof, curling the edges and offsetting the design, trim off the excess and add a strip to finish the peak of the roof, again ink around the edges.
- Cut out leaves & vines using the dies listed above, ink the edges with vintage photo and arrange the vines around the birdhouse as desired.
- To create the flowers I used the 5 smallest posy stamps and coordinating dies. The small flowers used the 2 smallest sets, stamp and cut 10 of each size using the pink cardstock and the red ink, then ink the edges on both sides of the flowers and curl all the petals up using a stylus. Double up each flower, alternating the petals and finish off with a jewel in the center. The large flowers are made in the same way but for these, use 2 of each remaining flower sizes per flower and follow the same preparation and assembly of the smaller flowers, these should have 6 layers once completed.
- Arrange all the flowers on the vines and add some leaves to the flowers as desired.