Frou Frou Scarf and Hat
By: Mareva Lynde for Premier Yarns
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Looking for free crochet scarf patterns? How about crochet hat patterns? We've got both in the Frou Frou Scarf and Hat pattern from Premier Yarns! Make a matching textured scarf and fancy hat to wear around town when the weather gets cold.
Hat: 21" in circumference
Scarf: 4" wide and 64" long
- Yarn: Deborah Norville Fashion Paper Flowers by Premier(r) Yarns (54% nylon/46% wool; 38 yards/35 meters; 1.75 ounces/50 grams)
- DN F11-09 Coneflowers – 6 balls
- Crochet Hooks: US J-10 (6mm), US K-10.5 (6.5mm), US N-13 (9mm) or sizes to obtain gauge
- Extras: Yarn needle, stitch marker
8 sc = 4"; 12 rows = 4" using smallest hook. Use any size hook necessary to obtain specified gauge.
Loop Stitch: Wrap yarn clockwise from front to back around index finger. Hold finger approx 2" from next st. Insert hook in next st, hook both strands coming from finger and pull through st – 3 loops on hook. Yo and draw through all 3 sts. Loops will form on WS of piece.
beg – beginning; ch – chain; mm – millimeter; rem – remaining; rep – repeat; RS – right side; sc – single crochet; sl st – slip stitch; st(s) – stitch(es); WS – wrong side; yo – yarn over; [ ] – repeat instructions in brackets the number of times specified; * – repeat instructions after asterisk as specified.
With middle size hook, ch 4. Join with a sl st to form a ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 1,work 6 sc in ring, join with a sl st.
Rnds 2-3: Ch 1, work 2 sc in each sc, join with a sl st – 24 sc.
Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, join with a sl st.
Change to largest hook. Sc in each sc around, working in a continous spiral until piece measures 5" from beg. Turn work so that the WS is facing you and continue as established until piece measures 6" from beg. Change to smallest hook.
Frou Frou Trim:
Note: Work trim with WS facing so that loops form on the RS.
Rnd 1: Work 2 loop sts in each sc around.
Rnd 2: Work 1 loop st in each loop st around. Rep Rnd 2 in a continous spiral until trim measures 3". Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
With middle size hook, ch 150.
Row 1: Ch 1, loop st in each ch across, ch 1.
Rows 2 and 3: Ch 1, loop st in each loop st across, ch 1. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Shimmering Lacy Bobble Scarf and Wristlets
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Simple One Skein Wrap
- La Poetique Scarf and Beret Set
- "16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, & Gloves" eBook
- Oversized Pocket Scarf Free Crochet Pattern
- 19 Shawls and Wraps + An Easy Crochet Wrap Pattern
- "From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories" eBook from Red Heart Yarns
- Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf
- Twist Scarf Crochet Pattern
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern