Crochet Shell Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This lovely, lightweight tank top from Lion Brand Yarn is crocheted with a unique v-stitch pattern that looks like repeating fans. This allows the tank to breathe, making it perfect for the warmer summer months. This is an easy pattern anyone can enjoy and it makes a great staple to your wardrobe. The simple v-stitch pattern is easy to do and requires two simple double crochets. Sizes are given for women of all shapes.
- 4 (4,4,5,5,6) balls Lion Brand Collection Cotton Bamboo Yarn in Hyacinth
- Size F-5 crochet hook
- Blunt needle
Small, Medium, Large, 1X, 2X, 3X
Finished Bust 35 (38, 40, 45, 47, 50) in.
Finished Length 22 1/2 (23 1/2, 24, 26, 26, 26) in.
Gauge: 20 sts + 11 rows = 4 in. (10 cm) in V-st Pattern. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
- When checking the number of V-sts per row, count only the V-sts, not the dc on each end or the 3-dc fans in the row. The pattern is worked with V-st over V-st, 3-dc fan over 3-dc fan so the stitch patterns line up vertically. Check periodically to make sure you are consistent with this pattern.
V-st: (dc, ch 1, dc) in indicated st or ch.
3-dc fan: 3 dc in indicated st or ch.
- Row 1 (WS): Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), turn, dc in next dc, (V-st in ch-1 sp of next V-st, 3 dc in center dc of next 3-dc fan) across; end with dc in last 2 dc.
- Row 2 (RS): Ch 3, turn, dc in next dc, (3 dc in center dc of next 3-dc fan, V-st in ch-1 sp of next V-st) across; end with dc in last 2 dc.
- Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for pattern.
Pattern is written for smallest size with changes for larger sizes in parentheses. When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes. To follow pattern more easily, circle all numbers pertaining to your size before beginning.
Front and Back (Make 2)
Ch 90 (96, 102, 114, 120, 126).
Row 1 (RS): Dc in 4thch from hook (counts as 2 dc), sk 1 ch, 3 dc in next ch (3-dc fan made), sk 2 ch, (dc, ch1, dc) in next ch (V-st made), *sk 2 ch, 3-dc fan in next ch, sk 2 ch, V-st in next ch; rep from *across to last 3 ch; sk 1 ch, dc in last 2 ch – 14 (15, 16, 18, 19, 20) V-st.
- Work Rows 1 and 2 of V-st Pattern until piece measures 15 (15, 15, 16 1/2, 16 1/2, 16 1/2) in. 38 (38, 38, 42, 42, 42)cm from beg; end with a WS row.
Row 1 (RS):Sk first 9sts; join yarn with slst in next dc (center dc of 2nd 3-dc fan), ch 3 (counts as first dc), (V-st in ch-1 sp of next V-st, 3 dc in center dc of next 3-dc fan) across; end by working last 3-dc fan in 2nd to last 3-dc fan, dc in ch-1 sp of 2nd to last V-st, leave remstsunworked – 11 (12, 13, 15, 16, 17) V-st.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), turn, dc in center dc of first 3-dc fan, (V-st in ch-1 sp of next V-st, 3 dc in center dc of next 3-dc fan) across; end with dc in ch-1 sp of last V-st, dc in last dc – 10 (11, 12, 14, 15, 16) V-st.
Row 3: Ch 1, turn, slst in first dc, ch 3 (counts as dc), (3 dc in center dc of next 3-dc fan, V-st in ch-1 sp of next V-st) across to last 2 dc; end with dc in next dc, leave last dc unworked.
Row 4: Ch 3, turn, dc in ch-1 sp of first V-st, (3 dc in center dc of first 3-dc fan, V-st in ch-1 sp of next V-st) across; end with dc in center dc of last 3-dc fan, dc in last dc – 9 (10, 11, 13, 14, 15) V-st.
Row 5: Ch 3, turn, dc in ch-1 sp of first V-st, (3 dc in center dc of next 3-dc fan, V-st in ch-1 sp of next V-st) across; end dc in center dc of last 3-dc fan, dc in last dc – 8 (9, 10, 12, 13, 14) V-st.
Sizes 1X (2X, 3X) only: Row 6: Ch 1, turn, slst in first dc, ch 3 (counts as dc), (V-st in ch-1 sp of next V-st, 3 dc in center dc of next 3-dc fan) across to last 2 dc; end with dc in next dc, leave last dc unworked. Row 7: Ch 3, turn, dc in center dc of first 3-dc fan, (V-st in ch-1 sp of next V-st, 3 dc in center dc of first 3-dc fan) across; end with dc in ch-1 sp of last V-st, dc in last dc – 11 (12, 13) V-st. Row 8: Rep Row 2 – 10 (11, 12) V-st.
- All sizes: Work even in V-st Pattern, until armhole measures 6 (7, 7 1/2, 8, 8, 8) in. (15 (18, 19, 20.5, 20.5, 20.5)cm.
Work as established over first 13 (16, 19, 19, 19, 22) sts (over 3 (4, 4, 5, 5, 6) V-sts of 3-dc fans with 2 dc on each end). Turn. Leave remstsunworked. Work even in pattern until piece measures 1 1/2 in. (4 cm) from beg of shoulder shaping. Fasten off.
- Sk center 26 (26, 26, 26, 32, 32) sts for neck, join yarn in next st, work as established over remaining13 (16, 16, 19, 19, 22) sts for 1 1/2 in. (4 cm). Fasten off.
Sew shoulder and side seams. Join yarn at side seam and work 2 rounds sc evenly around armhole edge, joining with slst at end of rounds. Fasten off. In same manner, join yarn at shoulder and work 2 rounds sc around neck edge. Join yarn at side seam of lower edge and work 2 rounds sc around lower edge.
- Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crocheted Doily DIY Necklace
- Easter Chick Crochet Pattern
- Embellished Stationery Set
- Cord DIY Ring
- Happy Together Die Cut Card
- Sea Stone DIY Necklace
- Sea Stone DIY Ring
- Cute Strawberry Dish Towel Holder
- Easter Egg Zipper Pouch with Key Holder Tutorial
- How to Stamp with Embossing Powder