This spring butterfly from Glue Dots is the perfect crafting project for kids of every age! It is a great springtime craft that is so easy to make!
If you like this project, you will love our free 22 Summer Crafts for Kids eBook.
- Craft Glue Dots Sheets
- Mini Glue Dots Sheet
- Recycled paper towel tube
- Bright construction papers
- Two, 10m m wiggle eyes
- Four, curling ribbons, multi-colored
- Fishing line
- Pipe cleaners or Chenille stems
- Hole punch
- Cut paper towel tube to measure 8-1/2" in length. Cut one piece of colored construction paper to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and wrap around paper towel tube. Attach construction paper to paper towel tube using Craft Glue Dots on Sheets.
- Cut out wings from one color construction paper and wing spots from two other colors of the construction paper. Use Craft Glue Dots to attach spots to wings.
- For wing tabs, fold straight edges of each wing back 1/2" and use Craft Glue Dots to attach to the back of paper towel tube.
- Use Mini Glue Dots to attach wiggle eyes to top portion of the paper towel tube.
- Attach pipe cleaners or Chenille stems to inside top portion of paper towel tube using tape.
- For hanger, punch two holes at top of body aligning holes with wings and cut the desired amount of fishing line. Thread fishing line through the holes and knot ends together.
- From each curling ribbon, cut 30" lengths. Tape one end of each of the ribbons to the inside bottom of the body. Use scissors to curl ribbons.
- Use the pen to draw the butterfly's mouth.