A small yellow egg can be transformed into a cute little chick. Paint on a butterfly and she's all set to go. Foam sheets and googly eyes make her come to life.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG34 - Lavender
- DAG67 - Black
- DAG228 - Bright Orange
- DAG230 - Festive Green
- DAG276 - Razzle Berry
- Yellow Model Magic
- #0 liner brush
- #6 flat brush
- Wiggle eyes
- Tracing & transfer paper
- Two small wood dowels
- Yellow and orange foam sheets
- Fine point permanent black pen
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft knife
- Small yellow egg
- Palette or plastic plate
- Water container
- Paper towels
Note: Allow to dry between steps.
- Trace and transfer wing patterns on foam. Use scissors to cut wing shapes from yellow foam sheet and two triangles for beak from orange foam. Set aside.
- Use craft knife to cut feet base from Model Magic.
- Paint dowels and toothpicks Bright Orange.
- Paint top 1/3 of egg Lavender.
- Trace and transfer butterfly pattern on center of egg. Paint butterfly, Razzle Berry, Bright Orange, Lavender, and Festive Green.
- Use permanent marker or liner brush and Black to outline butterfly, draw tattoo on wing, and scroll across egg bottom.
- ASSEMBLY: Cut ends off toothpicks. Position and push into head for hair.
- Position and adhere eyes, beak, and wings. Push dowel legs into bottom of egg. Position and push dowel ends into Model Magic feet.