We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Lisa Nelsen-Woods got her start helping her father with household projects as a toddler and taking sewing lessons from her mother at five years old. Now Lisa uses everything from a sewing machine to a jackhammer to make her condominium stylish and green on a budget. Turning life’s castoffs into something clever, useful, or beautiful gets her motor running.
As a new homeowner, Lisa quickly found out projects often hit a snag that makes you sing the blues. Lisa tells you what went wrong, how to avoid it, and how to fix it so your project turns out better than you imagined on her blog Condo Blues, recognized as one the 100 Best Green Blogs for College Students and named Best of 2008 Creative Reuse by Apartment Therapy. Lisa taught mom and dad bloggers how to stop making Honey Do Lists and start making Do It Yourself Honey Lists at the first Craftsman DIY Blogger Summit. Lisa has appeared in This Old House Magazine, The Chicago Sun Times, MSN Money, Method Home, and The Columbus Dispatch. Lisa’s brand of clear instruction and humor shined through in her TV interviews with WBNS TV10 and in a series of interviews with The Weather Channel.
When Lisa isn’t creating kitchens, she cooks in them. Lisa also blogs about making real food, real quick, and for real budgets on The Lazy Budget Chef and is the food blogger for The Balancing Act on Lifetime Television.
Lisa is forever grateful her parents impressed upon her that if she can’t do something like everyone else find a different way to do it!
Projects on FaveCrafts:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Faux Fur Crossbody Bag
- Rustic Wedding in a Barn
- DIY Burlap Aisle Runner
- Shell N Picots Slouch Hat
- Recycled Pallet and Scrap Booking Shelf
- Stamped Matilda Inspired Hoodie
- Candy Corn Fabric Wreath
- Fall Burlap Wreath
- Big Knit Easy Blanket Sweater
- Pick Your State Printable Art